SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Compassionate Cat: something to take the edge off this confused world this morning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compassionate Cat: something to take the edge off this confused world this morning Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
We're all in the same boat

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
That is so awesome!!!

Posts: 4604 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Thanks boss, that was fun to watch!

Posts: 1992 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That helped. Thanks!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Cats are so strange. They can be the most petty little jerks on the planet and the most loving creatures. I’ve only gone about 2 years of my 50 without at least one of the furry weirdos.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Love cats have 4. Thanks Para I needed this video today. Starting the day off right.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
That is a great kitteh.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Good post. Animals teach us idiot humans how to live…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Nice. I grew up with a little grey tabby just like Bea. She would go around in the morning to each of our beds, and give us each a wake-up kiss on the cheek. Awwwwwwwww.....

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16388 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Looks like my Lucy, thanks.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that para. I like animals more than most people.

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

This is not my picture but I always found it appealing.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’ve never had a cat. But I want one like Bea. I could learn to be a better person.

My experience with cats has generally not been positive. I’ve been bitten and scratched much more frequently than with dogs.

But I would love to have a cat with Bea’s personality.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12756 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the day I adopted our dog, Trippy, at an adoption event held by Tangi Humane Society at the Ponchatoula Feed and Seed Store back in 2012.

The event was held in front of the store. I signed the adoption papers and paid the adoption fee on the the left side of the store. My truck was parked on the right side of the store.

To get back to the truck we had to walk down the sidewalk in front of the store. On either side of the sidewalk there were dogs in crates and a lot of people either standing along the curb or sitting in chairs in the front of the store. Our newly adopted dog had to say hello to every dog and person she passed! She didn't leave anyone out!

Now that I've shared this I might as well share the most memorable part of the day, getting her home.

I brought the dog crate with me in case she had trouble adapting to riding in a vehicle. I didn't know if she had ever been in a car before. It turns out she started panicking when I put her in the cab with me. She settled down after a few minutes and rode the fifty miles home in the seat next to me. She even fell asleep on the way.

It's when we got home that will stick with me most. She didn't stick her head up from the seat until I pulled in the driveway and stopped the truck, she was still a little nervous until she saw the house. She then lit up like a firefly, her tail started going a mile a minute and even faster when she got out and met my wife. She knew she finally had a home.

My wife said to me "You did good."

My wife was right!

Trippy is still with us.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Fun video. Thanks for sharing.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23314 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Thanks for that para. I like animals more than most people.
I like my cats more than all people lol.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sir!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8346 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and cozy, thank you Mike.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post