SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Becoming a sissy as I get older
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Becoming a sissy as I get older Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
So it seems I'm walking a path well traveled Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was working I would go toe to toe with anyone. In the jail I didn’t take shit from anyone. After I retired I realized I had gotten older and my bones were not as strong. Then I had a problem with my ticker and the VA docs put in a pacemaker. That really caught my attention. Now I play everything safe as I want to see my great grand children. Hell if I did this in my younger years I would never had any fun and memories.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Hard for me to relate--I've always been a "sissy" (never did much that was dangerous).

flashguy

Ha;don't beleave him This man has got hand cannons that will scare the hell out of you if he lets you shoot them.
Hi, there! Haven't seen you for a while! Good to know you're still with us.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more with many of the comments here. The shit I did willingly when I was young and dumb still amazes me. Amazed that I survived. Was a pretty radical skier when I was young (started when about 4). Went back as a 45 year old and went to ski one of our favorite runs. We would ski it 10-15 times a day. Very steep with VW sized moguls everywhere. I looked over the edge and about shit my pants. I still went down but it was nothing like the reckless abandon I showed as a youngster.

Been riding motorcycles most of my life too. Offroad and street. Went through the whole superbike stage trying not to kill myself on a regular basis. Now I still get enjoyment out of riding, it is just at a more calm pace.

I always look at it like a calculated risk. When I was young with nothing really to lose I took much greater calculated risks, pushing the envelope at a much greater pace. As I have grown older and wiser I find the balance has shifted a bit more towards the "safer" side of the scale. My friends and relatives still consider me a big adrenaline junkie but I have calmed down quite a bit as I pushed over 50. I still have a wife and two grown daughters I would like to spend a lot of time with!

Oh and there is nothing wrong with the "pucker factor" when driving on a dangerous road! It's what keeps us, or most of us, alive.

Posts: 1828 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="547" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KbtZfzxX44o" width="972"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post