SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    how to remove feeds from your smart phone.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to remove feeds from your smart phone. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So how do you do it? I have some and want them removed. Have an elder who has a ton. I have gone to history and tried to delete, but they still come. Any help. Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19771 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any help

I'm of limited knowledge on this matter. On my Android I've discovered "settings" listing Apps, then usually there's "uninstall" or "disabled" that relieves my concern. Shutting off permissions/notifications/etc seems to have limited unwelcome intrusion of such as well.

Good luck.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
If you scroll down does it show an edit button?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1903 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
If you are receiving messages from a service you may have to login to the websight of the service and discontinue or unsubscribe the phone number in question. You can also try responding to the messages with the word 'stop'. The third alternative is to block incoming messages while reporting them as spam.

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 953 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the notifications if you hit the power button to check the time? I hate that. Go to Settings, Application Manager. You have to turn them off app by app. Damn things tend to get turned back on if you are forced to install an update as well.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Please define what you mean by 'feeds'. It's not clear what you are referring to in the OP.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Please define what you mean by 'feeds'. It's not clear what you are referring to in the OP.

I was wondering WTF he was talking about, too. "News" feeds from a "news" app or apps, mebbe?

But that did remind me: Just went in and turned off notifications for "News" and removed the "News" widget.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am unfamiliar with iPhone settings but with an Android, go into "settings", go to "apps", select the app you want and disable "notifications".
You may be able to uninstall or disable the whole app also depending on what you want to do.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I am unfamiliar with iPhone settings but with an Android, go into "settings", go to "apps", select the app you want and disable "notifications".

Essentially the same on iThings.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the information. So yes I went into my apps and it was the Google Chrome that was causing me the problems. I disabled the notifications on it and now I don't get the website that was linked to it every time I activated my phone. Thank you

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19771 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post