SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Tips for Finding Reviews or Ratings of Dealership Service Departments?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Tips for Finding Reviews or Ratings of Dealership Service Departments? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I have a new Ford Truck. I don’t have a lot of confidence in the service department of the local Ford dealer, both because of personal experience and information from a neighbor who used to work there. I have a service package with my truck and because oil service is relatively infrequent, I would drive up to 100 miles, but…how do I figure out which dealer to go to? I tried a couple of different searches, but don’t get the information I’m looking for (lots of reviews of the sales department).

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
If the dealer has won the President's award, it's doing a lot better than ones that have not. It's a big deal, they get many deals and discounts and warranty leeway from the manufacturer. Rated on customer satisfaction, it is very hard to achieve.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rizzle:
If the dealer has won the President's award, it's doing a lot better than ones that have not. It's a big deal, they get many deals and discounts and warranty leeway from the manufacturer. Rated on customer satisfaction, it is very hard to achieve.

How do I find out if a particular dealership has won the award?

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
If they have won it. They will let know on their website, this one is in Spearfish, SD.
https://www.whitescanyonford.com/aboutus.aspx

Posts: 1296 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews are what I go to for a lot of things.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Makes sense rizzle

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Might be helpful, you can search dealers for reviews.

Dealer Rater by State

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
All of them except yelp, it's a pay to play

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be mean, but you would drive 100 miles to get a 'better' oil change. I get it if you have some major service like you need the turbos and manifolds changed and the cab has to come off etc. that's needed with high risk for f***ing up. But an oil change. Watch them do it and you can tell 100% what's going on. If your really that concerned about it, change it yourself or go to someone you trust. There is no requirement you get it done at the dealer. Even the most A+++ dealers give routine oil changes to the lowest skilled people on the service floor. They can all screw up. But its easy to check. Check your oil before you leave and take a quick look at the filter and drain plug. Both easy to do on any ford truck. IMO this is really silly.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Might be helpful, you can search dealers for reviews.

Dealer Rater by State
Thanks for that great link, HRK!
I am unhappy with my local dealer and will use the top rated one from that website, which is only 20 miles from me.

I hope the OP can find another Ford dealer using the link. In his shoes, I would go to the highest rated dealer if at all possible.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Thanks a TON for the link to Oregon Ford dealers.

I've "been serviced" by 5 of them for either my JK Wrangler or the eventual replacement Ranger.

Granted, there is a time/distance aspect affecting my tolerance level for petty mechanical issues and even pettier service issues.

They all rated 'tolerable' but one was outright fired from any further contact.

A series of small electrical glitches was solved by replacement of the cruise control unit. While otherwise satisfactory in that the complaints were finally resolved, that it took 1 full day & 2 half day of individual service sessions to arrive at correct diagnosis and completion is nothing to brag about.

Closing in on 40K a few months short of 4 year purchase date, minimal service needs have been adequately met by local independent 15 minutes down the road.

Now out of 'new vehicle' warranty, there's little need to take half-day travel/wait for tekkie despite prior appointment.

I'd for sure visit various potential service departments to acquaint myself with their theoretical advantage over the next shop.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post