SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woodward Dream Cruise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodward Dream Cruise Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
You like car shows? You've never seen a car show like this....

The Woodward Dream Cruise annually draws over 1.5 million people and 40,000 cars ranging from show cars, street rods, hot rods, muscle cars, drag cars, rat rods, customs, movie cars from all over the US, Canada, and even the world. It is a car show like you've likely never seen before.

It runs Friday and Saturday along Woodward avenue from Ferndale to Pontiac.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodward_Dream_Cruise

Imagine if you will... 15 miles of this:

This year, being the 70th anniversary of the Corvette will have a special event. At the M1 Concourse near Pontiac, 1 example from every model year will be on display (70 vettes). They will also have 10 vettes from a large number of clubs on display. 200 Corvettes will parade on Saturday from M1 to a location in Pontiac for a photo, then parade back. Yes, I'll be one of the vehicles in that parade with my '88 C4.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38257 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Don’t know if I’ll be able to get out there. I don’t normally attend Saturdays and tonight’s weather may be iffy.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8408 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Interestingly there is a 'Family Truckster' from Lampoon's Vacation in the last picture.

'Oh you think you hate it now, but wait'll you drive it.'

Posts: 7413 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Don’t know if I’ll be able to get out there. I don’t normally attend Saturdays and tonight’s weather may be iffy.

Weather for both days looks awesome... not too blazing hot like it always seems to be. Trust me, I'm going to the M1 Event and when I leave driving as far the other direction as I can Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Interestingly there is a 'Family Truckster' from Lampoon's'

All of those movie vehicles, either originals or copies are all over Woodward.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38257 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's a couple of busy weekends on Woodward and car overload... Roadkill Nights and then Woodward Dream Cruise....

Fabulous Hudson Hornet, Speed Racer, Blues Brothers Dodge Monaco Cop Car, pretty nice, always wanted to see the cruise it's pretty spectacular...

Last week they had Roadkill Nights up there, with events at M1, and real racing on Woodward Ave, Chrysler and MotorTrend pull out the stops to get that done, apparently they moved the drag races to a better section of road.

Posts: 24362 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is crazy. It would be neat to see some of the cool cars they have but it would take forever to do so.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
You like car shows? You've never seen a car show like this....

The Woodward Dream Cruise annually draws over 1.5 million people and 40,000 cars ranging from show cars, street rods, hot rods, muscle cars, drag cars, rat rods, customs, movie cars from all over the US, Canada, and even the world. It is a car show like you've likely never seen before.

It runs Friday and Saturday along Woodward avenue from Ferndale to Pontiac.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodward_Dream_Cruise

Imagine if you will... 15 miles of this:

This year, being the 70th anniversary of the Corvette will have a special event. At the M1 Concourse near Pontiac, 1 example from every model year will be on display (70 vettes). They will also have 10 vettes from a large number of clubs on display. 200 Corvettes will parade on Saturday from M1 to a location in Pontiac for a photo, then parade back. Yes, I'll be one of the vehicles in that parade with my '88 C4.

I saw that Hudson this week in a car museum near Kennebunkport, ME.

Posts: 1000 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hey just realized that 64 Impala is Cheech Martin's from Up in Smoke....

Posts: 24362 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
That is crazy. It would be neat to see some of the cool cars they have but it would take forever to do so.

It's virtually impossible to see everything. Too long of a venue, too many cars in motion.

I'm going to be at this event

https://m1concourse.com/woodward-dream-show-home/

Including the 200 car parade on Saturday.

343 - Never Forget

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Today did not disappoint. 70 Corvettes on display, one for each model year, all locally owned except one.

The only 1983 C4 Corvette left the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky to make the trek up for this event. I happened to be in the right place when they pushed it inside at the end for security. It does run but takes an hour of prep to assure fluids are properly circulated before starting as it only drives 2-3 times a year.

After watching them push it in, they left it with me... all alone! So I got a little up close and personal time with a very special car for a few minutes.

Museum pic

343 - Never Forget

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Been a number of times. Lots of great cars. We no longer know anyone that lives close to the route so we do not go. Friday evening/night tends to be one of the better times.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Just got a text from a close friend, they're having breakfast, watching the cruise. They were both GM engineers, left there and now live in IL. He's an avid car guy and their son is growing into the same.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Interestingly there is a 'Family Truckster' from Lampoon's Vacation in the last picture.

'Oh you think you hate it now, but wait'll you drive it.'

I'm more interested in the Mach5 between the truckster & the blues machine.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16021 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheese "N" Rice !

It would take a week to see'em all.
Chaos

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55221 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post