SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Swarovski dS Rifle Scopes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski dS Rifle Scopes Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I am interested in the dS line of scopes

does anyone have any experiences with these? Good or bad?

thanks

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Swarovski Optik? That is some good glass. Not sure about that line. Is it new?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yes

was interested in the dS 4 but can't seem to find any good info on it and wondering if it was discontinued or has been replaced

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Swarovski scopes have- as you probably know- some of the best glass you can buy. Swarovski owns Kahles, and I can tell you from personal experience that Kahles rifle scopes are, in a word, impressive.

I see a dS gen II 5-25 on Swarovski's site, so, I'm guessing it's not discontinued, but this is the only one I can find, no dS 4.

I'm curious on what rifle you'd be mounting such a sophisticated scope.

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am thinking about getting another rifle within the next six months. But right now I just want to hang it on my Savage bolt rifle to learn how to use it.

I’d like to buy a Barrett - almost had a deal on a CQ earlier this year.

Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Swarovski = quality

Posts: 2223 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I have a Swarovski on my Weatherby Mark V Accumark and it is fantastic. Great detail and great in low light. Also love their binoculars. Wonderful optics.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have only one a 6Z1 and the clarity is spectacular but the reticle is only average.
Outstandingly crystal clear.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I have only one a 6Z1
Any chance you mean the Z6i? If so, the quailty of your scope is on par with my Kahles K16i, and yes, the clarity will knock you for a loop when you first look through one.

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d not hesitate to purchase any optic from them

I have my father JP AR with a 6Z mounted (don’t know specifics, think it’s a 1.5-6 ffp) and it’s spectacular

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have a Z8i 2.3-18 scope on my Scar 17. I opted for the target turrets and the custom dial settings that Swarovski offers for my cartridge (Federal Gold Medal 168gr).

It was hard to judge the clarity because I had a cataract in my right (dominant ) eye. I then had the cataract surgery with "high tech" lens installed, horrible result. Bottom line I have yet to be able to judge clarity. Hopefully if the eye is corrected I will be able to finally judge the optics.
For now,I must ask my younger son or others with good eyes "how does the scope clarity look", A big grin on there faces answers my question.

Posts: 4636 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I have never owned any of their scopes. Their binos are great. I have s pair of 10 x 42. I love them. Can use all day if needed. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I have only one a 6Z1
Any chance you mean the Z6i? If so, the quailty of your scope is on par with my Kahles K16i, and yes, the clarity will knock you for a loop when you first look through one.

Yeah it is the Swaro Z6 "i" for illuminated ~ sorry thought that is what I said.
I have it on a hunting 6.8spc and quite impressed.
Been looking at another Z8i for another rifle.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post