SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This might be the best banking commercial ever made.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This might be the best banking commercial ever made. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I stubbled across one hell of a commercial from Taiwan today. Compare this with a typical Capitol One commercial. It’s not even close.

I find it fascinating the best ad for motorcycles ever made was created by and for a bank.

What do people live for? That is one hell of a question to pose in a commercial and then seriously attempt to answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice film, great story...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Nice story. What does it have to do with the bank?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I suppose they want to finance your dreams? Or maybe present the bank in a positive light?

At the end they show a bank logo so I am assuming they made the commercial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Cool story Smile Very smart commercial for the bank.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A great philosophy toward life also.

Spend your time enjoying it instead of spending your time trying to prolong it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Very nice story and well told. Made me want to start riding again. ........................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Is there a youtube link? I would like for someone to watch that. Disregard, I see it. Thanks stick.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
David lee, here ya go bud. Smile Link to YouTube video

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was most excellent

I'm not usually a fan of ad's given the swill they pass off here

but that was excellent

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed that very much!

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I suppose they want to finance your dreams? Or maybe present the bank in a positive light?

At the end they show a bank logo so I am assuming they made the commercial.
That was kinda half PSA and half advertising to never stop chasing your dreams until that point where chasing those dreams becomes impossible. Hopefully for most of us, that point doesn't come until we die.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
That's a good one I remember seeing but I don't think I saw the complete version before.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed that! Thank you.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I don’t ride a motorcycle, but I can appreciate not resigning yourself to age and infirmity.

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That commercial certainly was worth the expense of it being made. And it's a positive message for all.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool commercial. Beats the hell out of some of the crap we get. It is definitely a reminder that life is short.

There is a bank from Spain (Sabadell) that did a pretty cool flash mob video. Probably one of the coolest commercials I have ever seen. I also notice that the majority in the crowd can sing along. I feel if we tried this here, only a few would actually know the words.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that.

It kind of reminded me of a guy I worked with that was 76 years old and in great shape. He made a ton of money over his career and was wanting a 7 series BMW but because he drove modest cars his whole life he was having a hard time pulling the trigger. I asked him what he was waiting for and he said it's no real hurry both of my parents are in their late 90's. He slipped and fell in the shower a few months after that and never made it to 77.

Just a great guy but also a reminder that life is short and there are no guarantees. Of course be responsible but quit focusing on the finish line so much while you miss the journey.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kudos gentlemen. Both worth the time to watch.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post