SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A is creepy according to The New Yorker
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A is creepy according to The New Yorker Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
"Its headquarters, in Atlanta, are adorned with Bible verses and a statue of Jesus washing a disciple's feet," Dan Piepenbring wrote. "Its stores close on Sundays. Its C.E.O., Dan Cathy, has been accused of bigotry for using the company's charitable wing to fund anti-gay causes, including groups that oppose same-sex marriage."

http://www.foxnews.com/food-dr...r-from-brooklyn.html

The more I hear or see stuff like this the more religious I become.

I try to remind myself that these people are the ones in most need of His love.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I think that a lot of these folks bitching about Chick-Fil-A and all those other "conservative" companies must have stock in them or something. They have to, because all their rabble rousing does is make Chick-Fil-A more money.

It's a great litmus test to see who's a chud, if they don't like Chick-Fil-A. I don't mean folks who don't like chicken, or don't eat fast food, or have to have a special diet or anything, I mean people who get upset when they see the sign. People who get angry at the mention of the company. My girlfriend is big into gay rights and whatnot, she loves her some Chick-Fil-A. If they personally were loading gays into cattle cars to be sent off to death camps, she'd still stop in for a sandwich. I think there might be some hyperbole there, but she's a fan, and she's not exactly some Bible thumping redneck from flyover country, though she is from Kansas.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17005 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What are 'gay rights'?

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:...I try to remind myself that these people are the ones in most need of His love.

True. And I have heard, sometimes those who need love the most are the least loveable. (A timely reminder for me, I can think of a couple of places to apply that principle).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What are 'gay rights'?

As I was told by a local gay activist during the CA Prop 8 issue a few years ago, it is not about "rights", it is about having gov't force to silence anyone expressing moral disagreement.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post