SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wall Street Journal for $1 a week for a year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wall Street Journal for $1 a week for a year Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
I put this in the black friday thread but wanted to give it better visibility since it ends sunday night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SpinZone,

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For us poor uneducated country bumpkins it is "The Wall Street Journal". Don't feel bad, I had to Google it myself.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well worth it. You may cancell without hassle at the end of the promotional period. I did so with Barrons that I was not reading.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
For us poor uneducated country bumpkins it is "The Wall Street Journal". Don't feel bad, I had to Google it myself.

Sorry, was in a rush.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
only for new subscribers? I'm having issues using this for renewal. It says I'm already subscribed.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only for new subscribers

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I cancelled my membership for now. I was on a special rate that was expiring so this $4/mo deal would have been nice.

As I cancelled, I was offered $20/mo but it's still too expensive for as much as I've used it over the past year or so. I may renew someday.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
It saved me money on taxes and investments,so paying more was ok for me.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
It saved me money on taxes and investments,so paying more was ok for me.

Completely understand. And for some more than others. There is a lot of good and interesting information. And I would like to continue it but it is a luxury for me at $40/mo given that it hasn't had an impact on my personal taxes or investments. Not that I'm an expert at either of those but perhaps I'm not yet at a level where the information was influential for me. I still need to better understand, for example, what fundamentally a bond is, what types there are, the pros/cons for each type and in which type I should invest given my situation. I may not have used my subscription fully but I haven't been able to build a foundation yet.

I would like to renew again someday when I can either better leverage the subscription and/or when I can better afford it.

posted Hide Post
Good point makes sense. Barrons is still after me, but I was not really reading it.