SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pet friendly retailers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pet friendly retailers Login/Join 
posted
I don't have cats,dogs,birds.
People love'em ,I get it.

The farm store here has people bring them in.

I don't pay attention to them.
It's a non issue. Who cares.

But
Putting them in the shopping cart that others will be using later ?

I don't like it.
Desanitizing the push bar is no big deal ,but the whole cart?
They need a dog's on the floor rule.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like dogs and have one myself, but have never felt the need to take her shopping.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I don't have cats,dogs,birds.
People love'em ,I get it.

The farm store here has people bring them in.

I don't pay attention to them.
It's a non issue. Who cares.

But
Putting them in the shopping cart that others will be using later ?

I don't like it.
Desanitizing the push bar is no big deal ,but the whole cart?
They need a dog's on the floor rule.

I see where you're coming from. In that same vein, I never use the child seat on grocery carts and spray them a lot before driving off because I visualize toddlers sitting there and shitting and peeing on the seat. To me, much worse than a well behaved dog in the cart. I don't like either for food stuffs, but give me the dog. YMMV.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I was in a local farm supply store and saw a woman walking a rooster on a leash. First time I've ever seen a pet rooster with a shopper, as well as the first time seeing a chicken on a leash.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15731 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I’m with Navy Guy. I’d be more worried about crotch goblins in their diapers sitting in the crotch goblin seat.
I take the boys some places but there is no way I can pick up a couple 75 lb plus Boxers and put them in a cart….

Posts: 1227 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Desanitizing the push bar is no big deal

So you sanitize the push bar then go through the store picking up stuff other people have touched? Why?

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I see stores around here with signs at the door that say, "Please don't try to pass off your pet as a service animal."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19708 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A. I don't touch everything in the store.

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This was at the Walmart in DeRidder, Lousiana.

Very calm demeaner to him.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Danes can be lovely.
But some are very shy and spook easily.

( Was that a G.D. ?)

Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
I bet the pets are a lot cleaner than the people pushing the cart

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post