SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Old school pastor's eulogy angers the left at Aretha Franklin's funeral
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old school pastor's eulogy angers the left at Aretha Franklin's funeral Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Sharpton was there along with Farrakhan...front row.

Two words:

Photo
Op

Rumor has it, they were about to bust out with their rendition of R-E-S-P-I-C-T.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
If that photo makes me think of hand grenades, am I a bad person?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the four thieves in the front row enjoy standing next to each other. They each think that they look less-evil when compared to the other three.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Sharpton was there along with Farrakhan...front row.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
The best part of her funeral was watching Slick Willie and the good reverend Jesse Jackson eyeballing Ariana Grande's ass.

Watching them trying not to stare was funny. I don't know if I would have done any better, not really fair to them, since I don't know why they put her in that spot to begin with. That's the worst thing for an old man on television.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was enough trash on the front row to start a landfill.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
If that photo makes me think of hand grenades, am I a bad person?

It makes you a funny one. And bad as I hate to, I'm giving Willie a pass on the ass ogling. I mean it was right there and pretty fine.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Two words:

Photo
Op

Rumor has it, they were about to bust out with their rendition of R-E-S-P-I-C-T.[/QUOTE]

Only image that comes to mind:

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

He was thinking about the time she licked donuts and put them back on the tray in a bakery while the counter girl turned her back and thought "If only I was that donut!"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From his sermon:

“It amazes me how it is that when the police kills one of us, we're ready to protest march, destroy innocent property," he said. "We’re ready to loot, steal whatever we want. ... But when we kill 100 of us, nobody says anything. Nobody does anything.”

He continued: "If you choose to ask me today — Do black lives matter? Let me answer like this. No. Black lives do not matter. Black lives will not matter. … Black lives should not matter. Black lives must not matter. Until black people start respecting black lives and stop killing ourselves, black lives can never matter."

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
As of 10:15 am on Sunday, September 3, there are about 12,700 comments posted in the Yahoo! News article.

I actually took the time to go through the first 1,000 (starting with the oldest and taking out back-and-forth talk between commenters) to see how many were pro-Reverend vs. anti-Reverend.

The tally was 983 to 17 pro-Reverend. When I only counted comments where the use of “we” or “us” clearly indicated that the writer was African-American, the overwhelming majority were pro-Reverend.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Comments following a yahoo report on this are running in favor of the pastor by a big margin.
Well, he's got MY vote! I agree with him (although I think his comment about a woman raising a son to be a man also applies to Whites). God created males and females, and they are not interchangeable--each has a role in parenting.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
As of 10:15 am on Sunday, September 3, there are about 12,700 comments posted in the Yahoo! News article.

I actually took the time to go through the first 1,000 (starting with the oldest and taking out back-and-forth talk between commenters) to see how many were pro-Reverend vs. anti-Reverend.

The tally was 983 to 17 pro-Reverend. When I only counted comments where the use of “we” or “us” clearly indicated that the writer was African-American, the overwhelming majority were pro-Reverend.

I believe the majority of blacks are sick of the dumb shit the media puts on TV. The idiots are the ones who get the media attention. The media is left leaning and they've played a huge hand in helping destroy and misinform the black community.

Then you have the idiots who believe there's a government conspiracy to kill black men by dropping "full auto" weapons off in the 'hood. I mean, you can't even make this shit up if you tried. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:

I believe the majority of blacks are sick of the dumb shit the media puts on TV. The idiots are the ones who get the media attention. The media is left leaning and they've played a huge hand in helping destroy and misinform the black community.

Then you have the idiots who believe there's a government conspiracy to kill black men by dropping "full auto" weapons off in the 'hood. I mean, you can't even make this shit up if you tried. Roll Eyes

You have to remember that most of the protestors and the offended aren't actually black people. In fact the good black people aren't worrying about any of that shit. They worry about keeping a roof overhead, healthy food on their kids plates, and if/what schools their kids are going to make it to.

Pause the TV on the next statue toppling party or woman's March, or BLM protest. Most are well off white people.

On a whim I just did google search for "March for Racial Justice'" not even knowing if there was such a March. Check out the picture I found near the very top of the results.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Why?

Are those old hippies who are looking for the next "cause" or fight?

I would say they're most likely the racist types who are acting as if blacks can't help themselves and the SJW know better so they'll have to step in for the blacks.

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the going rate is for an all day protest / march ?

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Why?

Are those old hippies who are looking for the next "cause" or fight?

I would say they're most likely the racist types who are acting as if blacks can't help themselves and the SJW know better so they'll have to step in for the blacks.

Their participation proves that they're not racist, and stuff.

Yes, I really think that's their thought process (if you want to call that either "thought" or a "process.")

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Pause the TV on the next statue toppling party or woman's March, or BLM protest. Most are well off white people.

Ahem...they're called allies Wink

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their participation proves that they're not racist, and stuff.

Yes, I really think that's their thought process (if you want to call that either "thought" or a "process.")

They could just say that they have friends who are black.

Posts: 20106 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whenever the leftists are offended, you did something right. Good job, Reverend.

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post