SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who would have thought that the cure for stage four cancer could be had for $5?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who would have thought that the cure for stage four cancer could be had for $5? Login/Join 
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
As I recall there is a drug that is used to treat sheep for some mundane issue (hell, it may be this drug) that is pennies a day for the treatment, and hundreds of dollars a dose if given to a human for cancer.

Posts: 1505 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I did a search on this guys name and only found stories from the usual sensational publications.
Then I did one on the drug name and cancer and found a lot of credible stories that this and other similar drugs are in the early stages of testing.
Peptic ulcers were treated for decades as a chronic disease until someone figured out they are caused h. pylori and a simple treatment now cures many.
Since the traditional medical therapies don't offer much hope to many cancers, I guess I would give something like this a try if I thought it might help. Cheap, available, and doesn't seem to have many side effects.

https://www.npr.org/sections/h...ial-anti-cancer-drug

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or..._tumor_fighting_drug

https://www.google.com/search?...i71j0i67.xuZL6iCL59c

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good points by White Phosphorous, and 220-9er.

Recently saw the show Full Measure episode about ending malaria from a common easily grown plant, artemisia annua, or sweet wormwood. Easy to grow, and makes a tea that treats or cures malaria.

I recall it stated the plant has been banned in some countries under pressure from pharmaceutical companies, and used for eradication and treatment in others. I believe France is banning the plant. The WHO does not recommend it, but it is being used in many places with reported success. For some reason, I can't find a link to the exact episode about the plant, but did find this.

https://malariaworld.org/blog/...a-efficient-banished

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-c...nua#msk_professional

Unfortunately, resistance to the active ingredient of the plant may be developing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_annua

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by White Phosphorus:
Indeed, you are pretty much on your own when it comes to your own well being.

There's perhaps more than a grain of truth to that, IMO.

When I was suffering a bout of mild depression years ago, my Dr. at the time wanted to put me on Zoloft or like. Never got through the initial dose pack before I swore off it due to side-effects. How did I solve the problem? First with St. John's Wort. Later with exercise and internal attitude readjustment.

Years later I was found to have low T. Doctor wanted to put me on a testosterone supplement. We discussed the pros and cons of the various methods. All of them sounded horrible. I did research and ended up taking an herbal-based supplement called Super Miraforte. After six months of that my T levels were well within normal ranges. Better yet: Even after I stopped taking it they remained that way. Years later my T levels had dropped again. Repeated the process. Same results.

Not long ago my Dr. noted I had an enlarged prostrate. Wanted to put me on one of the prostrate shrinking medications. That sounded bad. What I read confirmed it. Instead I tried Saw Palmetto. My own observations and a subsequent check-up confirmed: Prostate back down to normal size.

I rarely get sick from whatever influenza is doing around, but one flu season it happened repeatedly. I'd get sick. Develop an infection. Get put on antibiotics. Get well. Two weeks later: *Bang*! Sick again. Finally my wife suggested some old time cures. I pursued the courses-of-action she suggested. I got well just as fast, no antibiotics to screw up my bowels, and, once I got well I stayed well.

In each case the problem was solved without drugs that can be worse for you than the thing they purport to address.

I've also shunned statins to address my mildly elevated cholesterol. Every check I've had has indicated my cardiovascular system is just fine.

I am on a mild dose of Lisinopril (5 mg) for marginally high blood pressure, but regular exercise seems to do as much to keep that in check as the drug.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Maybe this is something, but it has all the earmarks of bullshit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Maybe this is something, but it has all the earmarks of bullshit.

That's what I thought too after the original article but after doing more research the Johns Hopkins and other studies came up.
Seems like with little to no risk of side effects, very low cost, and a bleak prognosis from conventional treatments, it would be worth a try if I found myself with this diagnosis.
At least I'd be free of worms too.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post