SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any one have one of these as a kid way back when?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one have one of these as a kid way back when? Login/Join 
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
As a kid in the 1960s I had a toy James Bond 007 attache case like this one:

There were a few variants but if I remember correctly one version actually had a suppressor with the pistol. Someone should remanufacture them so libtard heads could go into Scanners mode.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nope. I don't really remember, but I may have had a toy six-shooter as a kid (cap pistol). Most boys back then did (1940s).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to spend most of my allowance (maybe all, it was only 10 cents a week) on rolls of caps for my six-shooter. Mid-1950's.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9162 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I had a Man from UNCLE one in a briefcase that had a camera you could shoot pictures with from inside the case, Pretty neat. Loved that thing, thought I was hot stuff.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Yup. I had a Johnny 7!

Thanks for the memories!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2841 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:

There were a few variants but if I remember correctly one version actually had a suppressor with the pistol. Someone should remanufacture them so libtard heads could go into Scanners mode.

The other one with a suppressor was "Secret Sam", which also had a periscope...
And a working camera...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

I didn't have the attache case, but that gun looks familiar.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Had the Johnny Seven way back when. Wouldn't have remembered it by name, but the picture did the trick.

I remember the projectiles having more than enough zip to always end up under something hard to get at.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Nope I had a cap busting six shooter.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I didn’t have one of those, however I did have a Mattel M-16, just like the one John Wayne broke across a tree branch in ‘The Green Berets’. At least until someone stole it. Frown

Posts: 12182 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:

My family was poor when I was a kid. I could only afford one of these.
I only used it for target practice, of course, and nobody got excited over it.
I had one of those. I had so much fun with that thing.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what I had but I seem to remember a dagger that looked like a part of the attache case that could be accessed quickly from the outside of the case.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
had one when i was 8 this is a 1974 ad

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

When my son turned 9 yrs old, we hosted a birthday party for him. He invited all of his friends from school, and we gave each of them one of those topper guns. Our backyard is an excellent place to play with just such toys! The girls weren't very interested, but the boys had a blast. They kept asking, "We can KEEP these? We can take these home with us?"

As you probably guessed, there was one single-mother who had a problem with it. We apologized and offered to take the toy back, which we did - even though it was broken.

That party ended up spurring those kids on to obtaining extensive inventories of air-soft "weaponry." Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why the heck can't they make it again , is what I want to know.

even in a limited run of 25,000 units, heck I might go out and get one.

they are reintroducing all kinds of stuff these days

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54666 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
why the heck can't they make it again , is what I want to know.

even in a limited run of 25,000 units, heck I might go out and get one.

they are reintroducing all kinds of stuff these days
I would LOVE to buy those for my grandchildren, and they (and I) would have a ton of fun with them.

But the problem is liberal parents raising beta-males won't buy them for their little darlings, so there's not a big enough market to interest the manufacturers.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Johnny Seven, but I did have the Johnny Eagle 1911 and the Secret Sam brief case. The brief case had a button on the side that would activate the trigger of the gun and shoot a projectile out the side of the case. Good times.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1452 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post