SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a big Ford truck dealer that publishes real world realistic prices?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a big Ford truck dealer that publishes real world realistic prices? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I kind of remember a thread where someone posted about a Big TX dealer that had real pricing of trucks iirc.
Anyone have a dealer that posts no BS prices on their full size Super duty trucks?

Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Ive found that car forums usually have a section on price/purchase that is helpful. It will give you a better idea of what people near you are paying for a specific model above/below factory invoice price. The invoice price is not what the dealer paid for the car mind you- but its the best baseline price for establishing a new cars value in terms of negotiations.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
what am more interested in a dealer that shows a sticker and a for sale price

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Cargurus.com

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I’m not a truck guy currently. But my peeps go to Bartow Ford in Florida .
https://www.bartowford.com/sea...50,F-550,F-650,F-750

Posts: 4444 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My wife has family in South Dakota and a few years ago I was thinking about getting a Ram truck. Pierre is a very small city for a Capital and the Dodge dealer had competitive prices and didn't seem to be shady.

Out of curiosity I looked for a Ford dealer in Pierre and Capital City Ford came up. I searched their website and they do have the window sticker listed for their Super Duty trucks. I only looked at 1.

Defiantly not a "big Ford truck dealer" since Pierre is so small, but they might be good to work with.

https://www.capitalcityford.com

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long McCarthur Ford in Salina KS is a big SuperDuty truck dealer, they sell nationwide, my BIL came out from California and bought one from them.

Posts: 455 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

That is not the business model for new vehicle dealers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Planet Ford in Spring TX
I45/Louetta Rd

Their website was a little buggy last time I was on it, but they typically have their listings with the posted sale price, any [potentially] applicable discounts.
There is also a button on the listing to view the window sticker, so you can see if they're adding a markup on the MSRP.

Example:
2024 F250 King Ranch
Listing MSRP: 98,320
Sale Price: 92,649
Sticker MSRP: 92,070

So, there's a $6,250 markup, or some dealer installed accessories on there.

Delaer listing:
https://www.planetford45.com/d...ranch-77388-64321025

Window Sticker:
https://www.windowsticker.ford...in=1FT8W2BTXREC99470

That window sticker site works for most newer Fords, just replace the VIN at the end of the address with any Ford VIN, 2013-14 or newer IIRC & it might pull a valid sticker.
I've used it to pull the original sticker for some used cars I was looking at in the past.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Here is a local Ford dealer. Atlanta has a very competitive market, pricing is good

https://www.akinsford.com/vehi...inder-ga-id-57228339

The pricing is legit, they even show their add on of $799. In GA the dealers have to include doc fees in pricing as well

The add on is common for dealers around here and they usually don't post it. Most dealers call it Super Shield or Extra Guard or something stupid like that. It's a non existent paint protectant, sometimes its something like Lo Jack or a third brake light that flashes and charge $599 when it only costs $20

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Florida is very shady with their dealership policies. There's no limit to the fee a dealer can charge so most seem to have a wink wink agreement of making it $800-1000.

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
I kind of remember a thread where someone posted about a Big TX dealer that had real pricing of trucks iirc.
Anyone have a dealer that posts no BS prices on their full size Super duty trucks?

Thanks guys.
There was but I can’t remember the name. I think it started with a B.

Posts: 11610 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, that is helpful. I appreciate it.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
This is kind of what I was looking for.

https://www.planetford45.com/d...50-xl-77388-64130202

This type of information.

Another question is does Ford still make the extra cab model. Have not seen one.

The above truck in an extra cab with 8' box is what interests me the most.

Again, thanks guys

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
In Ford terminology:
Super Cab [SCAB] is the suicide door extended cab
Super Crew [SCREW] is a 4 door crew cab

Looking at the B&P tool on Ford.com, the SCAB is available in XL, XLT & Lariat trim levels on a F250 with an 8' bed.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:

Planet Ford in Spring TX
I45/Louetta Rd

Their website was a little buggy last time I was on it, but they typically have their listings with the posted sale price, any [potentially] applicable discounts.
There is also a button on the listing to view the window sticker, so you can see if they're adding a markup on the MSRP.

Example:
2024 F250 King Ranch
Listing MSRP: 98,320
Sale Price: 92,649
Sticker MSRP: 92,070

So, there's a $6,250 markup, or some dealer installed accessories on there.

Delaer listing:
https://www.planetford45.com/d...ranch-77388-64321025

Window Sticker:
https://www.windowsticker.ford...in=1FT8W2BTXREC99470

That window sticker site works for most newer Fords, just replace the VIN at the end of the address with any Ford VIN, 2013-14 or newer IIRC & it might pull a valid sticker.
I've used it to pull the original sticker for some used cars I was looking at in the past.

I think there is still room to negotiate on those posted sales prices. Lots of dealers post those sorts of prices. And, if that is true, they aren't true, no-haggle, bottom line prices. They are something in between sticker price and the actual best price for people who don't like to bargain with car dealers and are willing to pay a little more to avoid bargaining. And I know that is a lot of people.

Again, publishing an actual, bottom line price isn't the business model for car dealers. (With the exception of CarMax.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think there is still room to negotiate on those posted sales prices. Lots of dealers post those sorts of prices. And, if that is true, they aren't true, no-haggle, bottom line prices. They are something in between sticker price and the actual best price for people who don't like to bargain with car dealers and are willing to pay a little more to avoid bargaining. And I know that is a lot of people.

Again, publishing an actual, bottom line price isn't the business model for car dealers. (With the exception of CarMax.)

Most definitely room for negotiation.
I've bought 2 trucks from Planet Ford in the past & was able to haggle them down on both.

Scion was one of the few 'the price is the price' new car dealers I can recall.

I was just posting that as an example of being able to see the sticker MSRP compared to the dealer's listed price.

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
You are probably thinking of https://www.machaikford.com/. In 2016 when I bought my f350 new, reference to their pricing helped get mine within airline ticket cost of Mac Hiak at a local Virginia dealer.

Things may have changed in thisr pricing vs sticker, but they look to be still pretty good at giving discounts and moving units by volume,

Posts: 2030 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3332 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Jhe, i guess you were the only who did not understand this thread for the beginning. Thanks to the rest of you for the great info. Exactly what I was looking for.