SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma-CAT tourniquet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma-CAT tourniquet Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
thanks for the information .

and to the others , still "wanting in"

reading is fundamental

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I'm in please.

Posts: 1097 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

reading is fundamental

Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

reading is fundamental

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11227 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice instant karma, looks like those went pretty quick.

I have one in my car kit and while I did watch a video once, I might need to actually take it out of the packagage and play around with it. Trying to read the instructions while someone is bleeding out doesn’t seem like the best of ideas.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter62:
Nice instant karma, looks like those went pretty quick.

I have one in my car kit and while I did watch a video once, I might need to actually take it out of the packagage and play around with it. Trying to read the instructions while someone is bleeding out doesn’t seem like the best of ideas.

You can practice without tightening it completely. One SHOULD get a trainer and properly do it, but getting it on and understand how it works is better than nothing.

The most important part to have a good outcome is the first cinch, pulling the strap as tight as you can. It needs to be pulled very tight right off the bat for the windlass to properly tighten during rotation. Too much slack results in ineffective tightening. After that there are right ways to proceed, but under stress you can screw them up and still be successful. However a failed initial tightening will either create a difficult or completely unsuccessful tourniquet.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Don't include me, as I have 6 of them in various places and functions...

But this is an absolute MUST have.

One of the most eye opening classes I've ever had was a combat medic class...

It is amazing what you can do with one of these. EVERYONE, gun owner or not, should have one of these on their person 24/7

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.taleas.com/memes/i...-i-dont-want-to.html

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I received this yesterday. Thank you. I appreciate your generosity.

Posts: 3586 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
UPS man dropped mine off Tues, thanks again!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11227 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting me know you both received them. Hope the other two did as well.

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Received today. Thank you!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived Wed.THANKS!

Posts: 4698 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, glad you all received them.

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post