SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Having some fun on my CNC router
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having some fun on my CNC router Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
Not the greatest video, but if your bored and want to watch something cool imo. this is my cnc router making a little logo on a piece of mdf.

https://youtu.be/ZMneo3Uy7EI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If your photo hosting site allows video, I think you copy the vids share link, in your post box, click on 2nd button from right at top, paste the link between the brackets reading flash video. Then post. Ive only ever done it via the tube. FLASH_VIDEO....FLASH_VIDEO these will be bracketed so link gets pasted where I put the 4 periods. Best I got XLT.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You will need it to be hosted.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys uploaded video

Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I've started to do that by hand with a router.

Maybe this post.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Gave you a comment and a "like."

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool Ray. Are your tool holders Cat 40? Curious because I've worked on several Komo routers and the T holders were near toy like. Giant vaccume tables milling machine track from 3" thick black poly. The F'n schroud would load up fast and I had to push broom 1 1/2 feet deep plastic chips up into vac tubes to be sucked outdoors. What a giant size mess poly can make. The accuracy of those big Komos was horrible. Your logo came out very nice.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Pretty cool Ray. Are your tool holders Cat 40? Curious because I've worked on several Komo routers and the T holders were near toy like. Giant vaccume tables milling machine track from 3" thick black poly. The F'n schroud would load up fast and I had to push broom 1 1/2 feet deep plastic chips up into vac tubes to be sucked outdoors. What a giant size mess poly can make. The accuracy of those big Komos was horrible. Your logo came out very nice.

I’ve got two Komo kts routers and they hold tolerance very well. I can hold a +\- .005 with UHMW and that’s only due to how dimensionally unstable UHMW is. I’ve made some very intricate parts for a rather large coffee company on them out of PEEK and could hold +\- .002, sure I could do better on one of the mills but that’s pretty darn good for a router.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:

David The tool holders are Hsk 63 f with an Er 40 chuck probably similar to a cat 40 just for wood working. I have machined uhmw and several other plastics with it including some that was 2.5 inches think made from a very strong material used for outrigger pads on a 250 ton crane, these pads where 3 feet in diameter and left a huge pile of waste that I still find in the machine and shop floor.

check out my other videos on youtube of the bullet feeder I machined on the cnc.

Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Very nice reminds me of my days in the engraving shop in DOD. Had Dalhlgren engravers and also sometimes created logos and let my machine shop do them on Hass mills.
Excellent work. Programing was fun.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. Liked, commented and subscribed.

Why is there a bit of the shielding hairs tied up in a ponytail on the router?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Pretty cool. Liked, commented and subscribed.

Why is there a bit of the shielding hairs tied up in a ponytail on the router?

There is a light beam that runs from the tool holder carousel that checks to see if there is a tool in the router spindle, (you can see the red light in the video) the shielding hairs some times blocks that beam and causes the router to throw error codes and sit there and wait for me to fix it, I got tired of it and did a little work around. not pretty but it works. with a cnc it only takes one small thing to throw a monkey wrench into the whole system.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:
quote:

I’ve got two Komo kts routers and they hold tolerance very well. I can hold a +\- .005 with UHMW and that’s only due to how dimensionally unstable UHMW is. I’ve made some very intricate parts for a rather large coffee company on them out of PEEK and could hold +\- .002, sure I could do better on one of the mills but that’s pretty darn good for a router.
Ah peek. I've machined a bit for back operations to the spine. EC400 HAAS horizontal. Man those steel tools which run down inside the tubes made from peek are something freaky and I hope to never have them used on my back. Thank you but no.

posted Hide Post
Nice set up. The logo came out perfect.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post