SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vintage NASCAR - Tire Wars: Hoosier vs Goodyear (video)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage NASCAR - Tire Wars: Hoosier vs Goodyear (video) Login/Join 
posted
Bit long be real interesting. I remember this but not in this detail. Great to see "the good old days" of NASCAR.

For those unaware, back in the late 80's early 90's Hoosier Tires entered Winston Cup racing to compete head to head with Goodyear. This is the story

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just watched it - very interesting.
Thanks

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good video - learned a few things about NASCAR I didn't know

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53236 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I was a NASCAR fan from about 1994 - 2002 or so. Lot's of names I remember in that story. I couldn't name a single driver these days.

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Worked out for a while. Goodyear became the official check writer of NASCAR.

Best year they had was 1992. Was kinda worthwhile till Brian France screwed it up chasing every latest trend.

Now that they have bought ARCA, they'll run that into the ground as well.

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post