SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snowflake doesn't "Cotton" to display!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowflake doesn't "Cotton" to display! Login/Join 
posted
I am going to continue wearing my all- cotton clothes, especially my briefs!

http://www.westfargopioneer.co...ton-item-hobby-lobby

"KILLEEN, Texas—A Texas woman's Facebook complaint has gone viral after she complained that a decorative item featuring cotton sold at a local Hobby Lobby was "wrong on so many levels."

In the Facebook post, Daniell Rider writes: "This decor is WRONG on SO many levels, There is nothing decorative about raw cotton... A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves."

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2159 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Was she wearing a polyester muumuu as she was posting that?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
There are many people who appear to be fed up with this "offended" BS and are speaking up.

From the article: The post has also racked up more than 175,000 comments, most of which refer to Rider's rant as "idiotic."

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2043 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

In the Facebook post, Daniell Rider writes: " There is nothing decorative about raw cotton... A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves."

Uh, she IS aware that slavery ended in this country well over a century and a half ago right?

And I for one am sick of all these people aggrieved about 'slavery'. Look, it was an evil that grew around the world. But it was ended. At the cost of the lives of a lot of white people. Were this nation still so racist and founded on slavery as all these snowflakes claim, it would still be practiced here.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8366 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Hay Bitch lots of white folks raised cotton as share croppers,never owned slaves and just grubbed a living .
I have a long linage of poor white people doing this just to live.
Damn over educated fools think they are so enlightened Mad

Posts: 22421 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Hay Bitch lots of white folks raised cotton as share croppers,never owned slaves and just grubbed a living .
I have a long linage of poor white people doing this just to live.
Damn over educated fools think they are so enlightened Mad

Have to disagree with the "over educated" part of your comment. They are not even educated, let alone over educated.

They are badly/severely indoctrinated with the snow flake crap put out by the so-called education system in this country.

AIR from a few decades ago, the first slave owner in this country happened to be black.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
These people are going to go through life and see white everywhere and be offended.

Maybe they can walk around being offended by people smoking cigarettes - tobacco was harvested by slaves. There is the white outer liner keeping the brown captive inside. The white dominates the size, with a just small brown filter (that nobody really likes anyways). Some people like the all white ones, with no brown filters at all, the best.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
So, refined cotton is ok then? Does precious little snowflake know about the Asian sweatshops that probably made her clothes? Children made to work in those also?

In the words of Roger Rabbit, "What a maroon......."

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Hope she never gets sick, because if she gets medicine, there is a good chance she will have to pull the cotton out of the bottle, and she might have a serious flashback, and PTSD of something she has never had to do before.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
My parents were born in 1932 in Alabama. They both picked cotton growing up - a nickel a bushel. White (cotton) privilege, I guess.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
From the racist banana peel thread:

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Wait, I think I'm getting the hang of this. I wear blue jeans. Blue jeans are made from cotton. Black slaves used to pick cotton. Wearing blue jeans means I support slavery.

We even came up with a board game:

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Ha! This I think we just invented a new party game.

I'll call it "6 Degrees of Racism".

Players will pick a card from a deck. The card will have a photo of an object on it. For instance, a bottle of contact lens cleaner. The player will then have to make the connection within 6 degrees how contact lens cleaner is racist.

Fun for the whole SJW family!

There could be two special cards: one with a white snowflake and the other would have a black snowflake. If you pull the whiteflake card you lose a turn. If you pull the blackflake card you win the game. Maybe a third card: the reparations card were you lose all your points and distribute the evenly to the other players. And an agitator card were you can punch anyone playing with no consequences.

The game would have to be out in time for Christmas, err the holidays. Wouldn't want to trigger anyone.

Ha!

"Sorry Timmy, you pulled the white snowflake card. Despite the fact that you're only 6 years old, you merely being born makes you directly responsible for slavery and all the world's ills. You're literally Hitler Timmy...Hitler."

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn over educated opinionated fools think they are so enlightened

FIFY

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Not a single mom needs of these idiots has one damn clue what it means to be triggered. This is nothing more than who can stir up the most shit on social media.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Today, being offended is 'fashionable'. Maybe someday working for a living with be 'fashionable'.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the eternally offended muslims. The Taliban and isis destroy offensive imagery and take to the streets over every imagined offense.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is evidence of how far we've come as a country.

We have done such a good job of getting rid of racism that people have to actively look for it in these ridiculous ways.

That's how see this.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's the Salem witch hunt trials all over again.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20080 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
It must really suck to walk around and constantly be offended by stuff.

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
she really is some kind of stupid...

but it takes all kinds

the best thing about her, is she makes rocks look smart

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post