SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pulled this out of my flat tire
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulled this out of my flat tire Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted
Woke up to a flat tire on my truck the other day and pulled this out of it. What is this?

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like a set screw

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Thumb screw.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
my old cast iron Christmas Tree stand uses 3 of those to hold the tree-trunk in place.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It's a "boarphish". Used to hold back the left tonsil of the Rhodesian cypress turtleback beaver.

But only when it is an invasive species as the domestic version does not have this issue due to dietary adjustment in captivity.

But you should have the tire looked at, regardless.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, a (bent) set screw.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Sigmonkey's answer better!! Big Grin

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
Christmas tree holder minus 2 more screws and the holder.

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 353 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A manual tire deflator?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm going to go with a Christmas tree holder...which is probably just a set screw. Razz

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I got a memorable flat many years ago. I was living in the LA area and dodged a ladder on a curve doing about 80 in the HOV lane. A few hours later I had a flat so I put on the spare and took it to Discount Tire. They called me into the shop and said you’re never going to guess what caused it. My guess was pieces of aluminum ladder. They were correct as never in a million years would I have guessed the lever from nail clippers. I wish I’d have taken a pic but it was before cell phones had cameras.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
A manual tire deflator?

Ha ha ha … we have a Winner!

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a long screw....giggity!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife, not once but twice in like 1-2 years, got a flat tire from the bent angle connector of a bungie cord.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
It's a "boarphish". Used to hold back the left tonsil of the Rhodesian cypress turtleback beaver.

But only when it is an invasive species as the domestic version does not have this issue due to dietary adjustment in captivity.

But you should have the tire looked at, regardless.

You ain't right! That's why I like you so much!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
And Saint Attila raised the Holy thumb screw up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy Thumb Screw, that with it thou mayst blow thine tires with tiny holes, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chulapas. And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Thumb Screw. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Thumb Screw of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall run over it.'

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Turtle Brush......geeesh........

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
And Saint Attila raised the Holy thumb screw up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy Thumb Screw, that with it thou mayst blow thine tires with tiny holes, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chulapas. And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Thumb Screw. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Thumb Screw of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall run over it.'

And behold, THE multitude did grin, and smirk, even giggle, in their mirth, and it was said, AMEN.

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I once found a spark plug in one of my Plymouth Fury tires.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I once found a spark plug in one of my Plymouth Fury tires.

I'm sure that sparked some theories.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post