SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those with taller toilets, is the difference even noticeable?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those with taller toilets, is the difference even noticeable? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I'm only 5-10 and wouldn't even consider one of the short toilets. I'm surprised they even make them still.

Ditto!

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I think they’re great. Much more comfy. Wife hates them because she can’t put her feet flat on the floor. She’s 5’1”.
Keep that in mind when shopping...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to get off the subject but I do believe it runs ride along with it,does any have a Squatty Potty for their taller toilets? Seriously. I have one standard size toilet and one of the taller ones and I don't care for the taller one as I don't have the same position like the lower one. It feels more natural with the lower one although as I am getting older, it is getting harder to get up from one. I don't mean for this to sound like a joke,as it is not beacuse we are all get older.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Go fo it. You only live once.
Much more comfortable when using it and my knees thank me when it's over.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Been hearing about this Squatty Potty more and more. Not sure of its validity and supposed health benefit or if its just a marketing scheme.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
As member pessimist noted: Unless you have knee problems, a taller toilet may not be such a good idea. There is some evidence to suggest even "standard" height toilets may not be healthy for us: For Best Toilet Health: Squat or Sit?

As Georgeair noted, this is where a Squatty Potty comes in handy.

Even if you don't have a tall toilet, you need a Squatty Potty. Swear to God... It'll change your life.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
It is to me! Those of us who are “height challenged”, I’m 5’6”, can have problems because the higher seats cut off the circulation to the legs. When I have to sit, I must use my tip-toes to prevent my legs from going to sleep. No problem for the quick “dump and run” but if I’m in for the long haul, they can be problematic.

Squatty Potty will solve that too. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Been hearing about this Squatty Potty more and more. Not sure of its validity and supposed health benefit or if its just a marketing scheme.

There's a very noticeable difference. I disliked pooping away from home before. Now that I have Squatty Pottys at home, it's even worse.

I loathe it so much that I'm tempted to take a Squatty Potty with me when I go on vacation. So if ya'll see a Squatty Potty with a tag on a luggage carousel, it could be me. Big Grin

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally a topic I know something about. I had a taller girlfriend who demanded I get a better toilet. So for Valentines I got a tall one (I was smart enough to get her other presents duh). This solved several issues. Firstly, it shut her up about my bathroom. My old toilet was an early low flush, the kind it takes 2-3 flushes to work. I got an American Standard Cadet that you could flush a towel down. Also an elongated bowl which is nice. It was too tall for me but I put a short step stool on front. This turned out to be good because it put my knees higher and my thighs off the seat. I figured if asian style toilets are supposed to be good for your back and buttintestines then this would be good for me. Turns put it does help a lot. Now I see that they sell perches for that very purpose. So I guess technically I don't get any advantage out of it since the step defeats the purpose of a taller toilet but it does keep tall people from complaining. Also mostly I just like to tell my story about how I bought a toilet for VD.

Posts: 314 | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Unless you’re about 5’8” or shorter, get the taller toilet. I’m 6’3” and feel like I’m sitting on the floor on a standard height toilet. Lol

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
Yes

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 353 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
When we remodeled our home 15 years ago, we replaced our toilets with taller toilets.

Never knew what I was missing.

Yes, I can tell a difference.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I like them. Warning if you use them exclusively for a while and sit on a short one, you will be wondering why you fell the extra few inches. It's weird how you get used to a few extra inches.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
One of the first things I had my handyman do was to install a taller (and elongated) toilet in my downstairs bathroom. I love it! (I'm 5'9") The larger bowl is also wonderful (I'm pretty fat and absolutely hate those little bowls so often found in old hotels/motels).

Sig Marine, just put a telephone book down in front of the throne.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
As member pessimist noted: Unless you have knee problems, a taller toilet may not be such a good idea. There is some evidence to suggest even "standard" height toilets may not be healthy for us: For Best Toilet Health: Squat or Sit?

As Georgeair noted, this is where a Squatty Potty comes in handy.

Even if you don't have a tall toilet, you need a Squatty Potty. Swear to God... It'll change your life.

(I can't believe we're having this conversation... )

Just ordered the 7". (Got a 14" high toilet, and I'm 6'4" tall, so I figured everything should come out all right with the 7-incher.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
short elongated for me and if you need a hand rail to help get up and around , so be it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

It isn't a marketing scheme, there are actual physical benefits to having your knees higher and your lower back aligned

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I tried a squatty potty once at my nieces. After finishing I just kept looking for my shovel to fill the the hole.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4837 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
In theory, I can see the advantages of squatting.
In reality:
we replaced old toilets with new "comfort height" Kohlers when we remodeled our Maui house. Then we rented a house in San Diego with the old, short toilets with round bowls and I can't tell you how much I hated it. Among other things, having my junk dunk.
Moved to new house with nice high Totos, and once again I am happy with our toilets.
Never again!!

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Supposedly the closer to squatting you are, the faster you'll finish pooping, and the less chance you'll get hemorrhoids. I've had a few episodes of 'rhoids myself, and now always use a squatty-potty like device, and a standard height toilet. Granted, I'm 5'8'. Being closer to squatting seems to have helped stave off the that cursed affliction for me.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
December 2009 we replaced all 3 bathroom toilets with elongated Eljer Titans which are ADA compliant. Big difference.

As an aside a friend teased at the time that the longer "drop" meant bigger splashes. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
having my junk dunk

I once heard of an older fella who re-purposed one of his wife's bras as a sling for his privates, to prevent this unfortunate occurrence. Not a pretty picture.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post