SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Sig Foxtrot EDC compact handheld flashlights (very nice)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig Foxtrot EDC compact handheld flashlights (very nice) Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
I recently stumbled upon this Sig Foxtrot EDC compact handheld flashlight. It looked like it had good specs. I took a gamble and purchased one. 1350 lumens, single output only (high), deep carry pocket clip. Comes with TWO rechargeable batteries in the package (18350 for compact/18650 for full size), and two tailcaps (one shrouded, and one not). This is a tactical light. They sell a compact and a full size version of this light. Both lights use a 3.7V rechargeable battery so both lights have the same performance (1350 lumens). The larger light, with its larger batteries, will have a longer run time (obviously)

I have to say - VERY impressive carry light. If you carry a gun at night, you should have a good and proper flashlight and this one is very good.

I own thousands of dollars worth of flashlights from Surefire, Elzetta, Malkoff, Fenix and others, and I am very impressed with this light, for its intended purpose. Great job Sig!

Yes its made in China. It looks very high quality though. I looked it over.

$119 MSRP

Compact
https://www.sigsauer.com/foxtr...ite-light-black.html

Full size
https://www.sigsauer.com/foxtr...ite-light-black.html

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Yes its made in China.
This suffices as the complete review.

SIG-Sauer should not be marketing Chinese stuff.

-30-

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A tad overpriced too. But, its a Sig!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16364 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
A tad overpriced too. But, its a Sig!

The comparable light in this class, the Surefire (EDC1-DFT) is $250.

FYI, I got this light on eBay from a private seller for $60, brand new. That's a STEAL. I like this light better than the Surefire, by the way.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
What's the full output runtime? The usefulness is driven solely by that number.

Posts: 4243 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
What's the full output runtime? The usefulness is driven solely by that number.

The compact says up to one hours runtime. The full size says 1.5 hour run time. Being a TACTICAL light, those numbers are appropriate and normal for lights of this type.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Yes its made in China.

-30-

Para's right.

If large numbers of these go unsold I think they might just get the message.

There are many good American made lights available out there. Just don't feed the chinese trolls, please.

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Round flashlights are pretty much useless to me. They’ll roll away on ya

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4010 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Yes its made in China.

-30-

Para's right.

If large numbers of these go unsold I think they might just get the message.

There are many good American made lights available out there. Just don't feed the chinese trolls, please.

I agree, but other than Surefire and Mag-lite who else is out there that is USA made?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

I agree, but other than Surefire and Mag-lite who else is out there that is USA made?

Tactile Turn is a small American owned & operated machine shop in Texas that originally made first-rate pens, but they've also begun knife runs & most recently flashlight(s).

Higher priced than the SIG model in OP, but looks nice with very good OEM support on design and components.

I'd add my own experience but my purchase is on the way now. This new model isn't programmable, I personally prefer simple so this one is dead-on for my taste.

https://tactileturn.com/products/apollo

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1954 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

Here are some:

https://allamerican.org/lists/flashlights/

Is Malkoff made in USA?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Is Malkoff made in USA?

They're in Alabama, while their lights are superb, the customer service (if possible) is even better.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1954 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Malkoff doesn’t make a tactical light as good as this Sig light.

I have a ton of Malkoff stuff.

I’m telling you guys, believe me if you want, these lights are fantastic. And at a good price point too.

You could compare these to Streamlight… which are also made in China now. Almost everything made and sold by streamlight is now Chinese made.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course the price is good. That's the whole point of Chinese stuff.

I don't like SIG-Sauer selling Chinese stuff. Believe me, I know that cargo container ship has sailed, but I don't like this and I never will.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I do everything I can, to avoid buying Chinese-made products.

There are times when it is just not practical to avoid this, but I try to minimize it as much as possible.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post