SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT Political cartoon from the 25th
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT Political cartoon from the 25th Login/Join 
posted

https://thehill.com/homenews/m...-anti-semitic-tropes

Photo and vid in the link.

WTF? I seriously can not believe this was even printed. Let alone made it into the editors office.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"It is easier to ask forgiveness than ask for permission."

Publish it, wait for the howls of protest that you know you're going to hear (and delight in), then, "Oh, mea culpa, mea culpa."

This is a well-established pattern.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What do you expect? NYT & the mass media are the enemy of the American people. Overt racism/anti Semitic behavior is par for the course from those idiots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Yet, they can be so sensitive about "dehumanization" when it is one of their pets being parodied. Not much stinks worse than hypocrisy.

Posts: 6479 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
A lot of hate in the media. What happened to the lefts "love Trumps hate" mantra

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
A lot of hate in the media. What happened to the lefts "love Trumps hate" mantra

I didn't work. No one paid attention. So, they stated campaigning for the 2020 election in 2016. First, collusion. Now, obstruction. When that plays out, they'll start up something new.

If they get their wish, it'll lead to bloodshed. They'll frame it as a bunch of white racist men with guns, but it won't be for any different reasons that a couple of hundred years ago.

The media is the enemy of the people, and they believe themselves to be in a position to spin anything for the cause.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The NYT did not apologize in their statement.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The NYT did not apologize in their statement.

I wonder how long before the NYT incorporates the swastika into their logo?

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I never refer to them in any way except The New York Slimes. It fits.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I couldn't tell that was Bibi until I read the article. That cartoon failed to even offend me properly. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
"Every day, the New York Times carries a motto in a box on its front page. "All the News That's Fit to Print," it says. It's been saying it for decades, day in and day out. I imagine most readers of the canonical sheet have long ceased to notice this bannered and flaunted symbol of its mental furniture. I myself check every day to make sure that the bright, smug, pompous, idiotic claim is still there. Then I check to make sure that it still irritates me. If I can still exclaim, under my breath, why do they insult me and what do they take me for and what the hell is it supposed to mean unless it's as obviously complacent and conceited and censorious as it seems to be, then at least I know I still have a pulse. You may wish to choose a more rigorous mental workout but I credit this daily infusion of annoyance with extending my lifespan." -Christopher Hitchens

Politics aside, I can say 2 things about Hitchens: He was a straight shooter and he could throw an insult like nobody else.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This literally is a companion piece for hundreds of similar cartoons from the Third Reich.

If you want to know what the Left is doing, just listen to what they are accusing Trump and all his supporters of doing. That is what they themselves are all about. They call us Nazis, racists, and bigots. Uh huh.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
This literally is a companion piece for hundreds of similar cartoons from the Third Reich.

If you want to know what the Left is doing, just listen to what they are accusing Trump and all his supporters of doing. That is what they themselves are all about. They call us Nazis, racists, and bigots. Uh huh.

It amazes me that much of America's self-identified Jewish population put up with this from the press. Yet, they do. It will be washed away in a week. You are right, it is a lot like the ww2 propaganda. Sadly, I see a fair bit of Europe having similar opinions currently.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

It amazes me that much of America's self-identified Jewish population put up with this from the press.
You are not allowed to shoot them.

That said, what can we do? First amendment and all that.

I do speak up, and those people with whom I have a conversation tend to agree with me. However, I certainly do not reach as many people as the New York Times.

Strange, but when I was a kid, maybe 70 years ago, the Times was held up as a good example of journalism, right up there with the Christian Science Monitor (for once, I'm not joking -- the Monitor allegedly reported facts and did not color them with opinion).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Yep. Almost an exact copy of this German propaganda from 1940 showing Churchill being led around by Ahsver, the 'Wandering Jew'.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's new york trash political picture