SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Food deliveries to a military base?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Food deliveries to a military base? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
My daughter is currently at Fort Sill doing BULC. She's staying in a hotel on base, and her birthday is coming up, and we thought it would be nice to have a dinner delivered to her. Is that allowed on military bases? Would the driver be able to go onto the base to the hotel?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Should be no problem.

Folks order pizza and other deliveries.

https://www.whodeliversonbase.com/fort-sill

You might call Pass and ID (or whatever it is called now) and inquire as to the rules.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Typically there’s someone with a military ID (dependent kid) who does the base deliveries.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14043 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Typically there’s someone with a military ID (dependent kid) who does the base deliveries.

This. Worst case is that the delivery driver is forced to call from the gate, so make sure your kiddo knows at the last second.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Ah, good ol' Snow Hall. I sure miss that place. Not!!! Big Grin

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post