SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jimmy Hoffa investigation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy Hoffa investigation Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
A very long but interesting article.

Highlights:

It was a hot July afternoon, nearly 92 degrees, when Teamsters president and labor icon Jimmy Hoffa is said to have opened the rear door of a 1975 maroon Mercury in the parking lot of the Machus Red Fox restaurant, in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., and climbed in.

Sheeran, known as "The Irishman," told me that he drove with Hoffa to a nearby house where he shot him twice in the back of the head. Our investigation subsequently yielded the corroboration, the suspected blood evidence on the hardwood floor and down the hallway of that house, that supports Frank's story.

His story is this: He and others were ordered by the Mafia to kill Hoffa to prevent him from trying to run again for the presidency of the Teamsters union. Hoffa had resigned after serving prison time for jury tampering, attempted bribery and fraud convictions. Frank picked Hoffa up at the restaurant, accompanied by two others, to supposedly drive Hoffa to a mob meeting. When they walked into the empty house together, with Frank a step behind Hoffa, he raised his pistol at point-blank range and fired two fatal shots into his unsuspecting target, turned around and left. He said the body was then dragged down the hall by two awaiting accomplices, and that he was later told Hoffa was cremated at a mob-connected funeral home.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...e-found-in-case.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
does he have any concrete evidence to support his claim?

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Just on Hoffa's feet. Big Grin

Posts: 9042 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I watched a documentary on this some time ago and IIRC, DNA from the hardwood floor matched Hoffa's.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I thought the Japanese killed him along with Amelia Earhart.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Intergalactic Firearms Expert
posted Hide Post
You're obviously conflating the Gulf of Tonkin with he grassy knoll.

PersonalDefenseTraining.net

Posts: 100 | Registered: May 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness for men like Jim Hoffa and others in the Teamsters who gained so much for the working people in this country.

Here is a brief description on the Governments main witness who testified against Jimmy Hoffa in the jury tampering case.

"On June 27, 1962, Partin was indicted on twenty-six counts of embezzling union funds and falsifying records, but was released on bond.[4] On August 14, 1962, Partin was sued for damages for having driven his car off the road and leaving the scene of an accident, having injured two persons and killed a third. He was then indicted for first-degree manslaughter and leaving the scene of an accident. He was also indicted in another case for aggravated kidnapping. On October 7, 1962, he posted $60,000 in bail in all three cases, embezzlement, manslaughter, and kidnapping, then met with Hoffa to discuss union matters. Thereafter, he emerged as the surprise star witness against Hoffa, having obtained the information on jury tampering from an unexpected stranger in a bar. The Justice Department granted Partin retroactive immunity from prosecution, but Partin denied that he was paid a fee by the government to testify against Hoffa. However, Partin's former wife, the mother of five of his children, received $300 per month, the amount of her alimony, from the Justice Department.[4] Wade McClanahan, a government witness, said that Partin threatened to have him killed if McClanahan went forward with testimony against the Teamsters business agent.[4]"

"The government's only witness against Hoffa in the jury tampering trial was a Louisiana Teamster named Edward Grady Partin.

Tabac points out that while Partin testified at trial that Hoffa made incriminating statements to him, Partin made no such claim before the grand jury that indicted Hoffa.

Sheridan, Kennedy's point man for the Hoffa trial, disclosed years later in a book that Partin actually took the Fifth Amendment before the grand jury, so he never gave any testimony at all.

That's a critical admission, Tabac believes, because it raises the question of what evidence was presented to the grand jury.

Tabac speculates the indictment against Hoffa may have been based entirely on Sheridan's testimony. If so, that would violate one of the main purposes of a grand jury, which is to ensure charges are based on credible testimony, not the whim of a prosecutor.

Tabac argued Sheridan was so close to Kennedy that it was essentially Kennedy testifying against his nemesis Hoffa."

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sounds plausible - the Mob / Teamsters / organized crime obviously had him clipped - and this man's explanation and evidence are good enough for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I bet Hoffa crossed the Clintons and was "suicided" ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Rather simplistic and straightforward - not as imaginative as some of the other stories, but works for me.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
AFAIC, whoever did it performed a public service.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sheeran's story sounds like the closest to the truth of the various possibilities.

The book, "I Hear You paint Houses", is a pretty good read and is what the news story is based on. Some of the other stuff he claims, like being involved in the JFK assassination, sound like a guy that is embellishing his life story and takes away from his credibility somewhat, but the Hoffa parts ring true to me.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I thought he was a Cardinal in the Vatican now. Wink

Occam's Razer and all......this absolutely makes the most sense and always has. Simple and efficient mob hit.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
They can dig wherever they want but they aren't finding a cremated body.

One wonders if "... And that's that" was heard after the shots.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I bet Hoffa crossed the Clintons and was "suicided" ...

It was the Kennedys.

The Pop had a lot of friends.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
A friend of a relative of a guy who knew someone who worked for the company told me that when Tammy Faye Bakker died and the undertaker got all of the makeup off, they discovered it was Jimmy Hoffa. The government covered it up.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Could be but we will never know. That stadium was torn down a couple of years ago. New stadium is not built in the same spot, but same general area.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That story has been out there for awhile and is probably what happened. Cremation makes more sense than bizarre stories of burials in stadium end zones. The simplest solution to a puzzle is usually the correct one .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
That story has been out there for awhile and is probably what happened. Cremation makes more sense than bizarre stories of burials in stadium end zones. The simplest solution to a puzzle is usually the correct one .

It looks to me like cremation isn't always available, judging by the mob hits that did not take advantages of those advantages.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post