New
Find
Notify
Tools

Member Sidss1 Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
I had a call from long time member Sidss1 today. He wanted me to let you all know that he suffered a couple of major strokes over the last 2 years and is slowly recovering but not enough yet to get on the forum. He was hospitalized for several months at u of M and then spent several more in rehab before finally being able to return home.

He tells me he is able to get around with a walker now. The underlying cause of his strokes is a benign brain tumor. He has an appointment with the Karmanos Cancer Institute to see if they can provide some form of radiation treatment for it as the location makes surgery not possible.

He sends his best and looks forward to being able to type again so he can get back on the forum.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Wishing him a strong recovery!

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a set back that must be. Our best to him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad. Wondered about Sid. Prayers for him. Trust his gmail addy is still valid.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
He is a good fella and am sad to hear this. I know he has been dealing with the brain tumor issue for quite sometime along with some other medical issues.
Glad to hear things are getting better and I will certainly be praying for his recovery and return.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I sure hope he recovers. I've missed his posts.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34390 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayer's sent. Thanks for letting us know of his situation. Let him know the forum family is thinking of him if you get to follow up with him.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1130 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. I've seen so many people go from fully functional to very disabled with strokes; good news is many people will have very major recovery for up to 18 months after the stroke.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. He’s in my prayers.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
A comeback from two strokes will be legendary in and of itself. Wishing him the best for a speedier recovery.

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Sidss1 is one of the good ones. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent, sidss1 is missed here. Always was informative on important topics here. Looking forward to more from you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this, but thanks for letting us know, Brad. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks! God bless Sid. He's always seemed a fine man, and I pray he heals quickly and well.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What a setback, glad to hear he's slowly recovering. Pass on our well wishes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting us know. He’s always been very kind. I hope his continued recovery is swift.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Prayer's sent. Thanks for letting us know of his situation.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Please pass on my best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1992 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Brad. Sid sure has had some rough bouts over the years but has always bounced back miraculously. The man has been through a lot. I sincerely hope this was the last of his troubles and he enjoys good health and happiness from now on.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2281 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post