SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use Mannington Vinyl Plank or a similar product in a bathroom?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Mannington Vinyl Plank or a similar product in a bathroom? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Anyone use Mannington Vinyl Plank or a similar product for a bathroom floor?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We looked at this product for our kitchen last year and decided on tile. Based on the sales info, I think you could use this stuff underwater without a problem. I wouldn't be afraid to put in a bathroom.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
If your substrate can handle the tile in terms of rigidity, weight and deflection. Go with tile. I put some locking vinyl wood look flooring in for my mother in a home and it looked like trash 6 months later. With joints separating and the area in the narrow hallway shifting all over.

This product might have been cheap or maybe they have improved the locking system used with vinyl but I would never trust it again. Tile or engineered hardwood for me.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I think it'd make an excellent bath floor, not cold, no grout to clean, easy to install (although needs a smooth subfloor. I'd probably go with glue down LVP rather than lock for a bathroom.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Yes for vinyl glue down plank. NO! For the click together free floating kind. Careful installation and caulking of the joint at the tub/shower is absolutely necessary. I would pull the baseboard, but some go to it. Would also redo saddle at door, prefering overlap to butt.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I helped a friend put Lifeproof Vinyl Planks in two of her bathrooms this summer. Came out very well. The ones we used had what they called a core to them(they were thicker than just old school vinyl tiles). They added bonus was a small imperfection in the subfloor wouldn't be felt through the planks.

We put them over an old single piece of vinyl flooring.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Fl...-Planks/N-5yc1vZbzjz

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I had my whole house done w/Traffice Master Allure Ultra vinyl plank (Home Depot) about 3 years ago. The kitchen and entry remain tile.

It's still as good as new. My only complaint is that even though it's got a grain texture, and beveled edges, my dog gets poor traction. We play fetch inside multiple times a day, and he's slides around like he's on ice.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Not sure of the brand. We bought a new house, and had vinyl planks installed.

We have "high traffic" in our house. 2 young sons, their friends over all the time, and we do a lot of dogsitting at our house.

It's held up great. It is pretty much waterproof.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
Anyone use Mannington Vinyl Plank or a similar product for a bathroom floor?

I just installed 900 sq/ft of Mannington in our kitchen, DR, LR over Christmas/New Year of 2017. It's holding up amazingly well in the kitchen eating area with the table chairs, kitchen sink area, dining room. All of the traffic we have with our 4 kids and it still looks like it's brand new.

I used the floating product, but friends have the glue down and it's also very nice. For a bathroom, I'd probably go with Arc's advice.

Preparation is 99% of the job.

We're extremely happy with Mannington. We have a massive amount compared to a bathroom, which is probably why it never moves. The tiles by the slider in the kitchen, which receive high to full sun, haven't buckled or moved at all. I removed the baseboard and shoe mold and replaced with new; HOWEVER, we also have baseboard heat, so it was very little in the way of actual trim work.

Shimming under baseboard heaters is not fun.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post