SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    27 year coach and teacher, told to resign or get fired for writing N word on disciplinary report
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

27 year coach and teacher, told to resign or get fired for writing N word on disciplinary report Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
Apparently he used the N word to say what the student was being disciplined for on the report. The world has gone crazy.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/l...ur-hearing/36828510#

Posts: 7471 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
That is some bullshit. do we have to write N word on reports now... Frown

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

Leftist insanity knows no boundaries. It's only a matter of time before even "N-word" will become unacceptable, having been replaced by "That Word" or something similarly nebulous when quoting or referring to the actual word.

Posts: 3509 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the word be banned from a court room when presenting evidence of a racially motivated crime? The context in which it is used should be the key. Not the word.

Posts: 12732 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
All parties involved need to look inward.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
All parties involved need to look inward.

…to brush up their resumés.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17298 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's something here in MO.

First, I have interacted with Dr. Buck as he was the previous Superintendent of our local school district. Can't say I had an issue with him then, but if this is how he wishes to run a district I'm glad he's gone.

You can not instruct subordinates to do something and then punish them for doing what you told them to do.

A few years back a friend that I grew up with and graduated with found himself in a similar position as the principal of the high school we graduated from. I may have posted about that here at the time.

A student was having a feud with a non student either on social media or the internet. She was black, he was white. She used a slur, he responded with a slur.

My buddy the principal had called her into the office. She wasn't in any real trouble, but he was trying to counsel her prior to her finding herself in any real trouble. While in his office he was reading the exchange aloud. You called him this, he called you that.

She recorded the conversation and turned it over to the news. Buddy was receiving threats, even from other classmates that should have certainly known better. People were calling for his firing. He's still there.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
N O U G A T . Nougat!

There, I said it.

Don't cancel me, bro.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next, the letter N will be removed from the alphabet.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
That's Nuckin' Futs!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I'd ask Dr. Buck and the Board to say aloud or in writing exactly which word was said that I was being accused of saying.

When they reply "the N word", or "a slur", or a "derogatory word", I would point out that none of those "words" violate any policy. I can say "n word", "slur" and "derogatory" all day long. Once again, what are you accusing me of saying?

Then once they use it, let's fire them as well. If they refuse to use it, then they clearly aren't accusing me of saying it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This silly shit isn't going to stop on its own.

Posts: 1975 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. At MLB baseball games, when they put up the K's for the strikeouts, they have to skip from two to four so it doesn't show KKK.

Posts: 966 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
Yep. At MLB baseball games, when they put up the K's for the strikeouts, they have to skip from two to four so it doesn't show KKK.
That is so absurd. Rather than that nonsense, why don't they just put
1K, 2K, 3K, 4K... ?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Have a lawyer get in the school boards face.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Aaaaugh!
Aaaaugh! Stop saying the word! The word...
...we cannot hear! Ow! He said it again!
Wait! I said it! I said it!
Ooh! I said it again! And there again! That's three...

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
1K, 2K, 3K, 4K... ?
Why use "K"? Use some other letter, maybe an "X".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:

Leftist insanity knows no boundaries.
Exactly. Its pure mental illness at this point, but what is shocking is that people are putting up with it. IMO there isn't a single word in the English language that should be off limits. When 'words' trigger this sort of response, we are truly circling the drain.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
quote:
1K, 2K, 3K, 4K... ?
Why use "K"? Use some other letter, maybe an "X".

flashguy
Or, maybe tell the people who have an issue with this to go screw off. Its way past time to start drawing some strong lines in the sand over this stupidity.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:

Leftist insanity knows no boundaries.
Exactly. Its pure mental illness at this point, but what is shocking is that people are putting up with it. IMO there isn't a single word in the English language that should be off limits. When 'words' trigger this sort of response, we are truly circling the drain.

I think you should be very careful about writing or saying 'trigger. It's so close that I can see you are using your privilege for plausible deniability but we all know what you are referring to.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post