SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Writing Pen experts...need some help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Writing Pen experts...need some help Login/Join 
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted
I have an idea what a few of these are, but need some more help on what models they are and ball park market value.
I think this is a Lucky Curve

Parker Duofold?

Parker Duofold?

Parker Duofold - has three bands on cap

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigJoe,

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14032 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
http://www.richardspens.com/?p...f/profiles/doric.htm

https://www.ebay.com/b/Eversha...rp/20268/bn_71609553

Edited as you changed photos. Duofolds are more commonly sold than Eversharp pens. You might find some pen dealers with old Duofolds for sale. Ebay is always a source for prices - search the completed auction listings.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53226 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Yes, I got my pictures to work. I found one pen from one of those links, so I deleted it. But on the yellow and orange pens, I think it comes down to, are they a senior or junior pen? The copper colored one at the top, I got nothing.

Posts: 14032 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I thought most Duofold pens had letters stamped in them.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just from the proportions, I would guess those are juniors, so assuming great condition and restored, maybe $300 for the mandarin yellow and $200 for the red. If they are unrestored "as found" of course, a lot less. I've been kind of out of the market for a while, so those numbers are from memory....

The top one could be anything, would need closer photos and a shot of the nib to know more.

Bill R

Posts: 1137 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
A good place to start is www.fountainpennetwork.com . It is a very good fountain pen focused forum.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Not an expert, but a Collector of vintage fountain pens.

The Duofolds are collectible, but like so many things, size and condition make all the difference in the world.

If a Senior Mandarin, it is more desirable than the Reds.

While not super active in the hobby at the moment, the value of these pens peaked several years ago, IMO.

I cannot identify the top pen, w/o closer pics.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36894 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
A good place to start is www.fountainpennetwork.com . It is a very good fountain pen focused forum.

That looks good. I just registered.

Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

If a Senior Mandarin, it is more desirable than the Reds.

I cannot identify the top pen, w/o closer pics.

Is the main difference between a Sr and Jr, the size of a Sr is about 5 1/4 to 5 1/2? (just learning this today)

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Senior is approx. 5.5", when capped.

The Duofold is a great pen and the line was re-introduced again in the late 80's. I collect the more modern Duofolds.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36894 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BigJoe- since you have joined the Fountain Pen Network, you should go on to the sub-forum they have that is specific to the Parker brand, and post your pictures there. I bet folks will chime in with info. Also, what is your username there? I am "Wolverine1" there.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post