SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PGR mission I was humbled and honored
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PGR mission I was humbled and honored Login/Join 
Picture of kg5388
posted
PGR mission for Mr Laney a homeless and unclaimed veteran. My PGR Brothers and I stepped up and we declared that as long as the PGR is there there will be no such thing as an unclaimed Veteran. I was honored to be picked as one of his pallbearers.
We had over twenty bikes show up and about 50 people showed up in cars

Aubrey Gene Laney, Veteran
USCG - Vietnam
Memphis, TN - 13 Jul 2017

Our great State of Tennessee and the people of Memphis, have lost another Unclaimed Homeless Veteran... Aubrey Gene Laney, 77, passed away Wednesday, May 17, 2017. He proudly served our country in the United States Coast Guard. Mr. Gary Taylor, Funeral Director with Memphis Funeral Home, has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to Honor; Mr. Laney who has no family or friends and who was “Homeless”. It will be a privilege and a great honor for the Patriot Guard Riders to stand as his family.

http://www.localmemphis.com/ne...le-veteran/764759083

Posts: 1848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I have done a few of those myself at the Veterans Home in Sandusky OH. Some times you are the only family they have. I call PGR riding with a purpose.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1116 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hat is off to you, and your fellow riders!!

So sad to see someone who has nobody.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Thank you for stepping up and honoring this man. As a vet myself I am touched by your sympathy and selflessly taking the time to perform this honorable duty.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Thank you for standing for Mr. Laney.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes, Thank you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19764 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome

thank you

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
salute to you and the PGR for your service to these Veterans

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be any Vet buried without someone.
Thank you.

PC

Posts: 1374 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post