SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stolen SIG P226 serial number U119220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen SIG P226 serial number U119220 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
No, not from me, but from a very close friend who should damn well know better that to leave a firearm in a vehicle overnight.

I purchased this pistol from 911Boss way back in 2007 and sold it to my friend. He had it until last night.

He called me to get the serial number for the police report.

He'll be able to replace it, but not at the 475 dollars it cost him when these pistols were all over the place.

He and his wife came to visit me a couple of years ago. It's a good thing he never had to use it. You've never seen magazine springs more worn out. The recoil spring, too, and the pistol was dry as a bone. I bought him new Wolff mag springs and a Wolff recoil spring, told him to get himself some SLIP 2000 and counseled him that a smooth-running SIG is like good sex: clean or dirty, it's gotta be wet.

And now some lowlife thug has it. They got him on camera, but my friend knows he'll never again see that pistol.

I told him I knew the last thing he needs right now is a scolding, but, damn, he's smarter than that.

Anyway, stolen from a vehicle in Southwest Louisiana, 8/17/23 SIG P226 serial number U119220

Stolen U119220

Stolen pistol U119220

Stolen SIG P226 U119220

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol, it's a shame it was stolen, taking them from the vehicle is a big problem, sometimes it's just necessary to leave them in the vehicle like going into court, the post office, ball game, but overnight, it's a bad idea, even if you have a console safe.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I go someplace where I can't carry my gun I'll leave it home or not go period. I've never felt comfortable leaving a gun in the car even when I'm just running into the post office for a few minutes to get stamps. Its just beyond foolish to leave a gun in the car especially for any length of time or overnight.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Ah, the so called truck gun. Luckily it wasn't a gun he cared about. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I hate so see people mention having cheap truck gun because it won’t bother them if it’s stolen.
The gun and money aren’t the only issues. Such guns are a major source of crime guns and often end up harming people.

Hopefully you friend gets it back and quickly.

Stolen SIG P226 U119220

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I go someplace I can’t carry, I use my old handcuffs to cuff the gun to the door frame of my truck. But that’s usually for an inside visit of the kids school.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Bummer, was the vehicle locked and they busted into his rig or did he leave it unlocked with a firearm in it? Was it parked at home or some place while out and about. I know it makes little difference at this point. Just more information for folks to consider their own situation.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I hate to be demeaning but I wonder at least in my neighborhood these punks are constantly prowling in the early morning hours for unlocked vehicles... I actually almost caught them one morning at about 2 o'clock going through my neighbors car.... my point is if I was cruising or walking through a neighborhood at 2 o'clock in the a.m. I would have no problem at all with the police stopping me and asking me for my I.D. My real point is, in my limited opinion if they catch someone like this there is a 99.9% chance they are up to no good.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Some low life scumbag has themselves a dang nice pistol. It’s the one Sig I wish I had. Only time I have guns in my vehicle is when I’m heading to the range with no stops, except for gas.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I know three people that have had guns stolen from their vehicles. Hopefully this one will be recovered unused by the thief.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Stolen SIG P226 U119220 - Southwest Louisiana 08/17/2023

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope there is a quick recovery, and arrest.

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That a shame so many people are breaking into cars. What a sad state of affairs we have become. It's bad enough to have a pistol stolen but one that is an excellent/high-end firearm, makes it worse.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Man that really sucks. I had that happen about a year ago and was to ashamed to post about it here. And yes I know better too, I had just picked up pizza after work and had my hands full and thought I had locked the doors. Well my wife had texted the next day as I was leaving work that the neighbor was missing her purse from her vehicle and sure enough my Glock was missing from my console but I was hoping that it was at the house where I usually leave it. Nope not there. Fuck! Filed a report with the sheriff’s office and waiting but I doubt I’ll see it again.

Kids going through the neighborhoods checking unlocked vehicles and taking easy pickings. Been a whole lot of that all over the area. My neighbor’s purse was actually found in a creek down the road by someone walking. Everything left in it gift cards, credit cards, drivers license expect for the little amount of cash in it.

I hope he sees his gun again and is more careful I know I am.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
With my mobility limitations, I find that it's generally easier to carry my handgun in a SafePacker, than a belt holster. Once, I forgot that I had left the SafePacker under the driver seat of my car. I realized that this could be a gift to a thief, and I stuck an Apple Air Tag in the SafePacker. It alerts me, both on iPhone and Watch, if I leave the SafePacker behind when I get out of the car.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
That is a damn shame. Hard to imagine how the gun will be treated by the thief or where it might end up.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post