SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kayaker saves 6 year old from river, dad doesn't seem to care
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kayaker saves 6 year old from river, dad doesn't seem to care Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I had a much milder but still disturbing situation happen to us. I was backing up a rented Hyundai SUV; noticed before backing up there was a man with a small child riding a bicycle; but did not see the child while backing up.
I heard a shout from a woman, stopped immediately, saw in the backup camera the boy on the bike—he had ridden just behind the backs of the parked vehicles, out of sight of the camera until he was directly behind the vehicle.
Father/grandfather/whoever wanted to know why the woman was screaming? When she explained he indicated he thought it much ado about nothing.
Opportunity for learning from his own negligence completely lost on him.

Posts: 18437 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I don’t even understand how the kid could be left behind at all unless his dad didn’t give a shit, which I guess is why I’m not surprised by his nonchalant reunion with his kid. If my kid fell off a boat or bounced out or whatever the hell I wouldn’t be leaving the area until he was back with me. I don’t understand what that dad possibly was thinking… I mean did he not know that the kid fell off the boat??? But if that was the case I’d hope you’d be far more panicky looking for him and far more grateful once you found him…with someone that possibly saved his life! Poor kid

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2570 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post