SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cordless (Battery Powered) Leaf Blower Recommendation Needed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cordless (Battery Powered) Leaf Blower Recommendation Needed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's all build by the same outsourcer- different colors and different plastic limiting which battery can be used. It's all consumer grade.

I have a few 40v ryobi tools. They work well- not as good as gas, but well enough that it's a lot easier than small gas engines.

The 40v blower works pretty well. It works great on concrete. It works less well blowing leaves/debris on grass. It's light weight which I like- I definitely wouldn't buy a hand held gas blower (heavy) and a backpack model is a lot bigger / more expensive.

Posts: 763 | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Worx 20v one from Wally World. It does a pretty good job, small area as well. Just blow the edge trimmings and and leaves from sidewalk and driveway. It is only 5-6 pounds. it isn't quick charging so it just needs some time to recharge. With as little as it does I just charge after every 3rd cutting.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the leaf blower, but I have really been impressed with my DeWalt 40 volt chainsaw and string trimmer.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
40 volt Ryobi here, My wife uses with ease all the time.

Posts: 1571 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, how'd you end up?

(I ended up with the Kobalt 40v version. I use it to blow off the deck and driveway probably 2-3 times a week. Works great.)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I have Milwaukee tools, so the Milwaukee blower is on my list. I would just pick a brand you like and can stick with so you can add additional tools that use the same battery packs in the future. Some brands only have a few tools that work with any given battery pack, some brands like Milwaukee and Dewalt have hundreds. It makes it easier and cheaper to add in the future as you can just buy the bare tools when you expand.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3586 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have the E-Go blower and edger from Home Despot/Lowes they are not inexpensive but they do have 56v lithium batteries, the units themselves are well made, light weight plastics and the blower has a variable slow speed and a turbo boost that you could use like a JATO on the V-tail for short takeoffs.

The do meet the requirement of lithium swap-able battery

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I just got a small black and decker. Less than100.oo.
Works great for the porches, carport and small driveway.
It's the darn batteries that cost so much. But I've not ran it out of juice on the one that comes With it.
Beats the heck out of a broom.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I have the Black and Decker 40V system. All of the tools have done better than expected, and I use barely use my gas trimmer and corded blower. They are very light and easy to use. It's not super powerful but I use it on a 1/3 acre with no problem.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I have Milwaukee tools, so the Milwaukee blower is on my list. I would just pick a brand you like and can stick with so you can add additional tools that use the same battery packs in the future. Some brands only have a few tools that work with any given battery pack, some brands like Milwaukee and Dewalt have hundreds. It makes it easier and cheaper to add in the future as you can just buy the bare tools when you expand.

I have the smaller Milwaukee 18V blower, because I wanted something compact for blowing leaves and sawdust around my garage and stuff like that. It works surprisingly well. I wouldn't want to blow leaves and grass clippings for a whole yard with it.

Going by the specs, the bigger one ought to be a pretty solid machine.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post