SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and Get Killed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and Get Killed Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Quote from the link:

"Evil is a make-believe concept..."

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the couple that tried to live with Grizzly Bears in Alaska and said the bears were actually safe. They became Bear scat.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember the Brides on Tour performer where an Italian gal was raped/killed by a local outside of Istanbul Turkey? Wearing bridal dresses and hitchhiking to destination through the Balkans and Middle East to promote peace and understanding. What a great idea... Roll Eyes
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/0.../theater/19peac.html

How about backpacking through Iraq & Iran, just because others have done it and had not issues, doesn't mean you should.
2009–11 detention of American hikers by Iran

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Dad was right: Not every idea is a good idea.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one small step in the cleansing of the gene pool.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
There’s more good news; the oxygen these two imbeciles would have wasted for the remainder of their lives will now be available...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time somebody says "Everybody had a right to their own opinion!" think about these two. Luckily, their wrong opinions only affected a handful of people -- friends, relatives, etc.

Winston Churchill is reported to have said, "The best argument against Democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average voter."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sad,but this is what happens with a leftist social dogooder indoctrination. These people were too brainwashed to believe what our warriors say about these animals.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Idiots, I wonder what their final thoughts were?

I can't say that I feel any empathy towards these two colossal idiots. But they might have had a moment of clarity at the end. In the last micro-seconds, the thought "Oh Christ, I really fucked-up" might have been their last one on earth. Darwin had a busy day.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I disagree with every post up to this point. When are we going to look to the real reason for this violence? Knife crime is the problem. We must ban all assault knives immediately. Why does anyone really need a knife, anyway?

Since the last thing that went through their minds was probably cheap carbon steel, this is not a happy day. But the problem is systemic. Vigilance is the answer to most of these issues. Loose that, and you get the outcome you deserve.

I take no pleasure in their deaths, but actions have consequences.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So....none of you guys will be registering for the Jay and Lauren Memorial 10K through Tajikistan next year?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Last night at dinner my wife read this headline off her iphone, "Millennia couple bikes through ISIS territory to prove humans are kind", she couldn't see the rest of the headline.

Immediately my 11 year old son says "They're dead now" We all had a good laugh when she scrolled down and it said they were killed.

even an 11 year old with very little concept of what ISIS is knows enough that you don't bike through Turdmenistan.

They are lucky they were just run over and stabbed. They could have been held and tortured.

Pure idiocy. I don't wish death on many people, but these morons asked for it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
There’s more good news; the oxygen these two imbeciles would have wasted for the remainder of their lives will now be available...

Ironically, the carbon let loose from their decay will contribute to global warming.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
"The End"

Shortest story ever.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what college professor convinced them of this ideology of theirs.

I guess they really believed that GUNS are evil not people.

It all goes back to the belief of whether people are basically evil and it is hard to be good?

Or are they basically good and it is hard to be evil?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Next time somebody says "Everybody had a right to their own opinion!" think about these two. Luckily, their wrong opinions only affected a handful of people -- friends, relatives, etc.

Winston Churchill is reported to have said, "The best argument against Democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average voter."

just because you have a right to your opinion,
it doesn't mean your opinion is right....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They are like the Grizzly Man, in the Herzog film.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
People like that are missionaries driven by faith in the tenets of their own (secular) religions.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Kind of like "urban pioneers".

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8106 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would make a great TV series. Next week naive millenials ride bikes through the South Side of Chicago, handing out flowers to gang members who happen to be about. The Lawndale or Englewood neighborhoods would be ideal.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post