SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What does SF like in home office printers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does SF like in home office printers? Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Brother laser printer with wireless networking and two-sided printing (HL-L2360D). I wouldn't get color unless you plan to use color regularly, new toner much more expensive. For photos take them to a place to print.

Agree Agree Agree

I bought a refurb from Amazon last month and love it. $80 bucks and easy setup. All I did was plug it in, drop in the toner, turn it on, hit the sync button on my router along with the sync button with the printer. I was printing from my iphone, ipad, Macbook Pro in about 2 minutes total time.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
We’ve got this Brother color laser and it’s been a gem.

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I have a Brother Color Laser and it is fantastic.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Brother; I realize the toner cartridges are a bit pricey but, in the long run it will be cheaper. I bought a B & W a couple of years ago ( been closer to 3 than 2) I do a lot of printing and was using ink cartridges for my HP at the rate of one about every three months I have only used the one starter cartridge and replaced it with a HD in that time and it is still going so it will pay for it's self in the long run.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have a HP Laserjet CP1525nw. This is the first color laser printer I have owned and it was not very expensive and is a great printer. I love being able to print wireless from my iPad to it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Upon further look, I have the HL-L2380DW printer. It works great.

Posts: 11981 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the recommendations and comments. I’ve got an old canon pixma i am looking to replace. The hunt is on ...

0:01

Posts: 4280 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have and use the Brother MFC-L2740DW daily. I have it direct networked to my router and can access it from all of my devices without issue.

I'm still looking for a basic color inkjet that won't dry up without use, but for the few times I find I need color I email to Staples and print there.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
For plain old black and white printing, I regret it any time I buy something other than a Brother laser printer.

Agree 100%.
Have a Brother B&W Laser (MFC-L2700DW) and it is the best printer I have owned in the last 33 years.
I'll add that I'll never get another ink jet printer ever again.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post