SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Microsoft Outlook specialists, please enter and help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Microsoft Outlook specialists, please enter and help! Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted
It's time for the Sigform brain trust to save my bacon again!

Someone has created and saved a contact file in Outlook 365 and emailed that file to me.

How do I save that contact file into my contacts? I also am using Outlook 365.

Save contact does not work!



"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
 
Posts: 6182 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
From the Reading pane, drag the contact to the Contacts folder.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46607 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
From the Reading pane, drag the contact to the Contacts folder.


Thanks. Tried that. It acts like it is added but it is not there when I do a search.



"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
 
Posts: 6182 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The first thing I would do is check that the file is a CSV file and the information is there.

Just open it in notepad and should be able to read it.
 
Posts: 5162 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
update:

When I add the contact to my contacts it increases the number of contacts I have but I cannot find the contact.

- also -

The contact does show up on my iPhone contacts (I have my iPhone sync with my Outlook 365).

It's like it adds the contact to my contacts but I cannot find it in my Outlook contacts!

or, the contact is not searchable?



"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
 
Posts: 6182 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Microsoft Outlook specialists, please enter and help!

© SIGforum 2026