SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    15 Year Karma (Everybody Wins!!)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15 Year Karma (Everybody Wins!!) Login/Join 
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted
I have been thinking of something to offer as a 15 year karma and I think I have found it. I was inspired by this post:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4100025264

I have kept a leash, and often a collar, in my vehicles for just such an occasion. I've used it twice with great results. Two captured strays returned to owners, both in high traffic scenarios. My email is in my profile. If you provide a shipping address, I'll send you a leash to keep in your vehicle for just such an event. It's that simple. Sure it can add up but I make an annual donation to the local Humane Society this time of year so we're good. No need for the dreaded "Unlucky number one" post. Everybody wins, particularly a dog in need at some point. And that brings up the only conditions:
1. Give your dog a hug and tell them I said "Hi".
2. If you ever use it as intended, you must make a post about the event. It could be a reply to this post.
I would like to end this on Thanksgiving just so nobody has hard feelings when I don't see their post next August.

Posts: 1655 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I had to put my boy down 10 days ago so I can't give him a hug and scratch his ears but in about a month I will get my new pup. I will give him lots of hugs Smile

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't ever see strays in this part of WNY, hopefully because they are all loved. I'm on the road a lot, so if they were out there, I think I'd see 'em.

Just posted because you are doing a great thing!! Thank You!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Great karma but don't enter me, I have a spare leash here. I don't see many strays around here either.

Last one we got involved with there was a happy ending to the story. He was lost about thirty miles from here, trying to return to his previous residence. We called Animal Control twice, on the second visit the officer and I were comparing notes. He said it sounded like the dog they had been looking for a couple of weeks. He was seen by others in the neighborhood so the owner and her friends had a stakeout in our back yard. He was caught about three miles further west of us two days later and then home.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Great Karma

Don't add my name. I have a extra leash. Good reminder I should throw one in my car. I've picked up a stray before but didn't have a leash with me that day.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email inbound. Awesome idea.
Life is better with a pup.

Thank you.

Eseaton

Posts: 2476 | Location: E. of Mississippi River | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
What a neat idea! I’d definitely keep it in my truck and while I hope I don’t ever need it (every dog needs to be at home and not lost or stray) I’ll be sure to use it if needed and post about it.

Please add my name. Thank you

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6776 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I rescue turtles, because I can catch them, if I get a good running start before they see me! Big Grin

But this and the linked thread have inspired me to purchase a leash and collar tomorrow.

I am ashamed to say, I have driven on when I have seen a stray, but pledge to never do so, ever again.

Thank you for helping me see that I can make a difference, and should.

Pass my "chance" to someone else, please.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
A little shocked you've been on SF longer than me! Smile

Congrats Cuz!

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
We lost both of our girls a few years ago within 3 months of each other. They were both rescues and we have not been able to bring ourselves to get another dog. They kept their collars but I took every other piece of dog gear to the humane society and asked them to give them to the next person who adopted a dog as needed.

Your offer has made me think about this and I will pick up a leash to keep in my truck just in case. Thanks for this.

My girls in their happy place.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3903 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
welcome to the triple nickle

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Great karma! Don't enter me, as I already have a leash in both vehicles, for just that reason.
Thanks for spreading the good idea!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4248 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
what a great karma idea for a great cause.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post