SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    you are a nurse in NY, and a National Guard member
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

you are a nurse in NY, and a National Guard member Login/Join 
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted
Our governess gave all hospital nurses till 9/27 to get at least one covid shot, or be fired. She said she's ready to call in the NG to take up the slack. if you are a nurse that's ben fired for refusal to vaccinate, and you are a member of the NG and you get called to report for hospital duty....can you go???

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
National guard nurses are probably already working as nurses when not on drill. Good thing we have a nurse surplus. I am sure they will enjoy the cut in pay
Purple

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that all members of the military must be vaccinated. I assume that includes that NG.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The vaccination deadline for the NG is towards the end of June ‘22, so in theory she could be fired then put on NG orders and work in the same hospital in some capacity, unvaccinated until late June!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
The vaccination deadline for the NG is towards the end of June ‘22, so in theory she could be fired then put on NG orders and work in the same hospital in some capacity, unvaccinated until late June!

Government efficiency at its finest.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nurses in the guard on active usually make way more money. Lol. Great plan. They can also turn it down if they don’t want to deploy.

Posts: 1745 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not just nurses other health professions too
I can just imagine ( was a guardsman for 26 years) working in a facility short 20 staff being mobilized ( making my civilian job short 21) then being sent back to the same facility!

Anyone with 1/2 a brain can see robbing Peter to pay Paul isn’t going to work

The bubble will burst,and sadly some people will die as a result, and the gutless politicians will blame it on the front line workers and unvaxxed

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
My understanding is that all members of the military must be vaccinated. I assume that includes that NG.

The initial Military mandate was AD only.

I've since heard that govt employees are now required but as I was in the first wave I've mostly stopped paying attention to dates.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post