SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    While we are talking about scale models...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

While we are talking about scale models... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
take a look at what this Japanese gentleman is up to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Hk&feature=emb_title

Posts: 11439 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Those aren't models. Japanese apartments actually are that small. Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16901 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Wow! Freakin' amazing.

And chock-a-block full of ideas.

The house on my diorama isn't glued down. I could do an interior...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15491 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Having lived in Japan, I can say with some assurance that there's more truth in that than you may realize...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15491 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Having lived in Japan, I can say with some assurance that there's more truth in that than you may realize...

Yup. One of the apartments I lived in for a while had a bed that folded up into the wall and the underneath unfolded out to become the table.

Posts: 11439 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Very cool

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have never been in a private residence in Japan, but I did spend a week and a half in a Hilton in the Tokyo area.

I could stand in the middle of my hotel room and stretch my arms out to the side and come fairly close to touching both walls.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
We had friends in Japan from years of travel and learned quite a bit about their austerity and use of space. But technology can be unforgiving.

When Microsoft released the Xbox Kinect camera system, many folks in not only Japan but Asia/Europe in general couldn’t use their cameras.
Their rooms were just too small. The Kinects were designed to have around 6’-10’ of space in front of the camera and their modest living space didn’t allow this. Same for games like “Just/Let's Dance” and active games on the wii that required four people to be able to move and swing the remotes. Evidently whoever designed the system figured everyone had a living room that you could land a Cessna in.

So people had to use workarounds...

Posts: 1512 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Saw this today. Made me think of this thread.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post