SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BMW Heritage bike thoughts.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BMW Heritage bike thoughts. Login/Join 
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Due to some health issues I sold my 2001 Moto Guzzi California Special about 9 or 10 years ago. Getting old is not for the faint of heart. Anyway, the Moto Guzzi was a fine bike. It's just too bad you had to drive 60 miles or so to have it serviced.

Posts: 6634 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:
Thanks for catching that. I was eyeballing these off of my phone on an airplane. Yes, $4k more makes a big difference. I'm just wondering how much I'd need that electronic preload suspension?

Yeah, at first I didn't like matte paint colors but I think they look good in certain colors and applications. Your 2022 Gold Wing is one of them. Maybe I can find a used one or a leftover new stock? I do like the gray too though on the 2023 non Tour DCT.

Thanks again for the excellent input.

I think electronic preload adjustment would be useful for those that often change loading significantly such as riding back and forth solo, with a passenger, solo, etc. The same adjustment can be made on non-Tour versions but it involves removing the side panel in front of the right pannier (it just pulls off) then wiggling your hand back in to turn the adjuster knob which is a little fiddly. I just leave mine adjusted for my weight plus 20# or so most of the time only cranking more preload when additional luggage and tent is strapped on.

Ogle, you're right about dealer servicing on Moto Guzzi's because MG dealers are few and far between. BUT Guzzi's are pretty simple machines so easy to work on. I'm no mechanic but I changed engine oil and filter, final drive oil, and adjusted valves (only two per side) for the first time on my Guzzi V85TT in about 4 hours. Next time it'll take less time.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7115 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Buddy sold his RK and got that Wing without the trunk, it's a nice bike, rides well, the BMW 1600 is significantly taller in the seat, you best have plenty of inseam to comfortably straddle one over the HD and Wing models.

Right now there are some deals going on for motorcycles, HD announced 1.9% financing on 22-23 models, and the 24's are about to hit the floors. Not sure if Honda has anything similar in the offering.

The R18 Transcontinental is a good looking bike, a cross of all the heavy touring bike traditional look platform with BMW boxer engine and $24K starting price.

Link

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post