SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Millennials. We have many as members here.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millennials. We have many as members here. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just like a Millenial- it's always someone else's fault. he he, OK, I win. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

lol. I wish I were a Millennial. Would love to be 15-20 years younger. My political leanings would be no different.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I'm a millennial, born in '86. And I've been coming around here for almost a third of my life. I don't really care when people make fun of millennials, they/we mostly deserve it.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
If someone is reading this website, and owns firearms, they probably don't fit the stereotype of a millennial, if they are in that age range. The care and feeding of firearms is anathema to the SJW types.

I feel like the “30 year old boomer” meme is accurate.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Don’t you have an early bird special at Olive Garden to get to!

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Millenials? X-Gens? Whatever? I feel left out. Not sure what "generational group" I'm supposed to identify with. I'm constantly told I'm just an old crusty curmudgeon. No mention of boomer or whatever. Plus this bald, white bearded, cane stabilized, slow moving dude gets his ID checked to ensure I'm of age when I buy booze which just adds to the confusion. Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
This thread is lacking a few participation trophies. Here ya go ...

Posts: 4701 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I was born in ‘83. I don’t identify with your date range. Razz

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
It just happens I read an news artical, and it had a seemingly daily humdrum
List of things that other generations haven’t had an issue with...but millenilals seem to
Have some issues with handling with out mom and dad.

Here is the top 20 list of millennial stressors...!

From the artical:
Top 20 stressors for the chill-ren.
----
1. Losing wallet/credit card
2. Arguing with partner
3. Commute/traffic delays
4. Losing phone
5. Arriving late to work
6. Slow WiFi
7. Phone battery dying
8. Forgetting passwords
9. Credit card fraud
10. Forgetting phone charger
11. Losing/misplacing keys
12. Paying bills
13. Job interviews
14. Phone screen breaking
15. Credit card bills
16. Check engine light coming on
17. School loan payments
18. Job security
19. Choosing what to wear
20. Washing dishes
----

I think this is simply called daily life.
No trophy for living life.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
By age, I guess I qualify.

And I think the stereotypical Millennials are dipshits, too.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It not just the Millennials. Its the dumbing down of our society. A loss of common sense, common purpose and common decency.
We have met the enemy, and he is us.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
GIGO.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
"Millennial" isn't a generation. It's a subset of a generation. While technically I fall within that range, I do not consider myself a millennial.

Posts: 3662 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is the top 20 list of millennial stressors...!From the artical:Top 20 stressors for the chill-ren. ----1. Losing wallet/credit card2. Arguing with partner3. Commute/traffic delays4. Losing phone5. Arriving late to work6. Slow WiFi7. Phone battery dying8. Forgetting passwords9. Credit card fraud10. Forgetting phone charger11. Losing/misplacing keys12. Paying bills13. Job interviews14. Phone screen breaking15. Credit card bills16. Check engine light coming on17. School loan payments18. Job security19. Choosing what to wear20. Washing dishes----

In fairness; half that shit didn't exist when I was young.

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I was born in ‘83. I don’t identify with your date range. Razz

Me too. At 36, I feel nothing like a “millennial”.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
"Millennial" isn't a generation. It's a subset of a generation. While technically I fall within that range, I do not consider myself a millennial.

Please clarify. "Millennial" is indeed what oh, every source calls a particular generation.

It's not a "subset" man.

While you can find opinion on when a given generation begins and ends, for just about any generation in history, don't be peddling this "subset" nonsense.

It's OK to be insecure about your generation, Bob. But don't bullshit.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Like I said, assholes. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Like I said, assholes. Big Grin

That's it! You're going into one of them bad nursing homes!

Razz

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Jim Halpert meme

Big Grin

I'm lovin that. Stolen!
(44 years old)

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
"Progressives?" Bullshit. Leftists co-opted the word when "liberal" developed a bad connotation. They like it because if you're not "progressive," you're regressive. I'm not. You're not. They're just liberals at best, Leftists at worse. The Democrat Party is loaded with the latter right now.

Agreed.
They went by "progressive" before "liberal," BTW.
I'll stick with ""GDC."

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post