SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Twitter--Who do you follow?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twitter--Who do you follow? Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
OK, I know, I know. . .I'm WAY late to the party. I've tried Twitter in the past and never really found much interest. But I've recently decided I need a source for unbiased (if that's even possible anymore) news. I would like to know who you follow that you have found reliable.

I'm conservative, Christian, and pro-gun. But I tend to not believe fringe news stories. My belief is the truth usually falls somewhere in the middle. I try to check Fox with the understanding they can lean right. I don't really have too many left-leaning sources though. I would prefer sources that are in the middle. I've heard AP (Associated Press) is reliable, but I've not followed them much.

So I thought I would ask who you all follow. I know this is ridiculous. And I apologize if this has been asked before. But who are your favorite Twitter sources?

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1108 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I have never Tweeted.

That being said, I follow:

Donald Trump

Melania Trump

And my LGS.

That's it...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Don’t have a Twitter account and never will but I check James Woods and Candace Owens Twitter page on occasion. James Woods can be entertaining at times. Beware he will comment colorfully about other members mother when they attack him. Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
No one.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 2002 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
DJT, a couple F1 folks and Dash Cam Twats. Childish perhaps but entertaining on the occasion I check in.

The volume coming from a news feed seems like it would be annoying.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I check some conservative folks out, don't have an account but for now it can be a source for news or intel you mightn't find elsewhere.

shipwreckedcrew - for one is a former fed prosecutor with good insight on court stuff

Jesse Kelly, Kurt Schlichter, Jack Posobiec

Mike Doran (doranimated)

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1974 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
James Woods.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I've recently decided I need a source for unbiased (if that's even possible anymore) news.

Not going to find that via Twitter. If information is what you're looking for, you're not going to get much out of a 280-character, micro-blog other than an emotional reaction.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dopamine hit, bro. Its everything you need and more. Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1974 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No help here--I don't Tweet or follow Twits. But I think you'd do better to just follow SF.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
What's Twitter?

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fuck Twitter until the sun burns out

Then Fuck it a bit more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
@FATSUpdate, for trail info/ closure info at the local mountain bike trail system. That's it. And I don't really follow it, just check it when I want to ride there.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3350 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even know how to get on Twitter.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I dumped Twitter a few years ago.

I have now joined Parler, which works pretty much the same, created by conservatives, and without the censorship.

Www.parler.com

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2874 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:
What's Twitter?

You don’t know what Twitter is?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Local news people, police, etc. - mostly because accidents on the interstate are reported quickly.

Other than that, just a few tv series and the people in them. Streaming type shows are quite random sometimes. It's nice to know when a new season is coming out.

Thats pretty much it for me.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I quit Twitter sometime around a year ago or more. Could no longer abide by their uneven enforcement practices. They'd ban conservatives and libertarians for doing things far less objectionable than leftist extremists did.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No twitter here.

Posts: 1584 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Twitter is not where you go for unbiased news (if such a thing even exists).

Twitter is for bias confirmation and point scoring. You make your side look good, and their side look bad.

I would caution you to not invest much of your time there. It's super easy to get sucked into the rage mob. Whatever your fetish is, you can be super-served.

I'd venture to say that Twitter has never, ever, not once, made anything better. Anything you tweet, or retweet, will be used against you FOREVER. There are no end of examples of people being fired/cancelled over something stupid.

Twitter's staff is completely left leaning, and you will never get anything close to fair treatment.

That being said, it is fun to watch James Woods hand out the instablocks.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post