SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Zero Turn Mowers - Questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Turn Mowers - Questions Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I guess 5 years back when I was shopping for a ZTR I had eliminated Deere and Kubota and had it down to Exmark, Gravely, and Ferris. In comparing the 3 in similar specs; 25hp Kawasaki, similar drive motors, similar constructed 60" deck, etc, they were all pretty close in price. I believe the Ferris IS2100Z was only a few hundred more than the Exmark, which was a couple hundred more than the Gravely. So not much difference on a $9,000 mower. Those 3 also made larger, costlier, ones as well as quite a number that were less expensive.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7112 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've had approx 30 zero turns over the last 23 years - used to be easy to buy and sell on Craigslist for wam.

This Ferris was one of the best riding and most fun ztr ever. Had a spring loaded suspension seat similar to a motorcycle seat and then springs on front wheels. 48" deck and a commercial FX730 25hp Kawasaki. Would handle tough/rough stuff too.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Good information everyone! Very much appreciated! I looked at a Ferris ISX 2200 with the 28hp Brigs, 61" deck, separate oil tank, and was very impressed! Thats probably number one on my list currently.

Thanks Again!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have mowed 3.5 acres of yard for 18 years on a commercial level X-Mark, with suspension AND a spring suspension SEAT. I bought the X-Mark after mowing this same 3.5 acres on a non-suspension riding mower for ONE season. Never again for me - any decent size hole can hurt your back and/or neck…..

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
I have mowed 3.5 acres of yard for 18 years on a commercial level X-Mark, with suspension AND a spring suspension SEAT. I bought the X-Mark after mowing this same 3.5 acres on a non-suspension riding mower for ONE season. Never again for me - any decent size hole can hurt your back and/or neck…..

That’s why I’ve decided on one with a frame suspension and seat suspension. I broke my neck 42 years ago, so sudden jarring is a problem for me.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post