SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FTC Proposes Banning Noncompete Clauses for Workers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FTC Proposes Banning Noncompete Clauses for Workers Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If the job sucks, vote with your feet,

Not always an option.

I once took a job with an NCC that forbade me from taking a job at any other hospital within 100 miles for two years after leaving. I was hard up for work locally at the time and just signed it without thinking ahead. The job royally sucked and I hated going in every day. A great place, 30 miles down the road, offered me a job and I was unable to take it. It really pissed me off at the time, but in retrospect, had I taken it I wouldn't be where I'm at now...so there's that.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I was told/taught they won't stand up in court... at least a standard one... the only contract you can make is to put a price on the training you paid for the employee and they have to pay that back if they leave and go to work for someone else.... you can't stop them from working where they want to but you can put a price on the investment to put into hiring and training them.

Same here, I have been told the signed clause is unenforceable.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post