Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet Sixteen Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Bummed that Michigan lost. They should have had that game.

And, for all the naysayers...Go Zags!

I never could stand West Virginia and their style of jungle ball, they've been playing it for years. A bunch of thugs with a thug coach, and they got beat. By who? Oh yeah...Gonzaga! Big Grin

Bring on Arizona...if they can get by Xavier that is. Wink

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Jungle ball? What does that mean?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Yep, gotta stay with the Zags Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Down goes Arizona!

Wow.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Given the final score, if you didn't watch the Kansas vs Purdue game you wouldn't know that Purdue lead by as much as 8, and it was an excellent back and forth game until 4 minutes into the 2nd half. Still a memorable season for my Boilermakers.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Jungle ball? What does that mean?

Free-wheeling, "street" ball.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Still a memorable season for my Boilermakers.

I've always been a fan of Purdue as well. Didn't see that game but caught the score and thought that is one bad shellacking. Did they just fold-up and go home or what?

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Still a memorable season for my Boilermakers.

I've always been a fan of Purdue as well. Didn't see that game but caught the score and thought that is one bad shellacking. Did they just fold-up and go home or what?
Towards the end of the first half when they had their two big men (Swannigan and Haas) they lost their lead to Kansas. About 4 minutes into the 2nd half they went back to that, and the commentator commented that they were outscored with this set-up in the first half. Kansas went on a 16-3 run immediately.

Also, Purdue turned the ball over 16 times (many were from Swannigan), and Kansas outscored Purdue 20-8 in turnovers including a 360 dunk.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's frustrating as a fan to watch bad plays and seeming bad coaching decisions and you just scream at the TV, "What are you doing?!"

There's always next year. Wink

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Trying to figure out the relationship between the thread title and the content.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

The final sixteen teams in the tournament are called the "Sweet Sixteen". Then the "Elite Eight", and "Final Four".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Given the final score, if you didn't watch the Kansas vs Purdue game you wouldn't know that Purdue lead by as much as 8, and it was an excellent back and forth game until 4 minutes into the 2nd half. Still a memorable season for my Boilermakers.

Yeah, Purdue played pretty well until that point. I'm not a Kansas fan but it they play like they did last night its hard to see them losing. They got insanely hot there at the end.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
That's five bad games Oregon has played in a row. They have lost one of those and that was to Arizona.

Kansas was on their heels the first half last night.

Oregon going to have to play a better game Saturday to stay alive.

Go Ducks

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, looks like they'll have a tough go against Kansas. But, that's why I love this tournament...anything can happen, and the best team (that night) wins.

Also,congrats to Xavier. Not that I dislike Arizona, I'm just a sucker for the underdog and it's cool to see the student beat the teacher.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

The final sixteen teams in the tournament are called the "Sweet Sixteen". Then the "Elite Eight", and "Final Four".

Ok, thanks.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post