SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Syncing contact to my iMac from my iPhone help...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Syncing contact to my iMac from my iPhone help... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I have an Airbook and have it set so that I can send/receive text messages on it the same as from my iPhone. All of the names show up the same way they are entered in my contacts.

Recently I purchases a new iMac. Still able to send/receive texts and they sync with my phone, but the 'names' of the contacts on the iMac do not show up, it is just a list of phone numbers.

Any ideas?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12344 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
You are synching through iTunes....yes ?

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are not synching the new iMac over iCloud. Sometimes things get messed up and you have to log out of all devices and then log back in.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
You are synching through iTunes....yes ?

iTunes doesn't exist anymore. Music and Video are now in the Music and TV apps. iDevice synch is now managed in the Finder. Yes, it has not been a smooth transition...

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking it's an iCloud thing, too (unless I'm not understanding the issue, a definite possibility). On your iMac:

 > System Preferences > iCloud > Make sure "Contacts" is clicked.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16377 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Another common problem is that the contacts are synced with another service (google, O365) and you want to make sure that you are using iCloud for all of the syncing for a better experience.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just did mine to my backup phone using iCloud. Went smoothly. Will have to do it again soon when my phone finally arrives.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Contacts syncs via iCloud. Sometimes you have to uncheck and recheck.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post