SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spam text messages
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spam text messages Login/Join 
posted
Spam phone calls can be more or less avoided by several means. Are there any options for spam texts?

Suddenly, I’m getting texts wanting to buy my house, wanting to sell me a house, cr, any number of services.

Suggestions welcome

Posts: 776 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
You can block those messages depending upon your service. TMobile has that capability. Once I replied to the guy asking to buy my house. The address was wrong but I wrote for the right price I would sell it. Never heard back from him. Another time I texted that an offer was being considered at $6.5M. Could they do better. Still waiting to hear from them.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I received a text from somebody local, who wanted to buy my house, but the house that he wanted to buy was not my address.

I did a bit of price haggling with him, then agreed to meet him so that he could inspect the house.

I wonder whether he is still waiting for me to show up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s possible to block numbers on iPhones; search for “blocking text on iphone.”

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Have gotten several texts to Constance, asking her to support the leftists... hopefully, this young lady didn't mind me misspelling her name in my (er, her) first reply Wink

It was surprisingly stress relieving, so I, er she, sent a few more replies Smile

I don't have a solution to stop spam texts, so thought perhaps they could be enjoyable instead.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine are almost all for CBD gummies. I got one from some lady looking for fun. I immediately asked "butt stuff?" and she said wrong number. Then sent me a link to some hooker site.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That rectal wart Beto text spammed the living shit out of Texas during his failed Senate campaign. Now, the festering bag of puss has joined Biden and is once again spamming the shit out of Texas.

I wish they'd put some teeth in the Do Not Call Registry. Something a millimeter from crossing the line into cruel and unusual punishment for the cell company executives (they know who the spammers are but instead of fixing they try to sell you a blocker product).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I get minimum two spam texts a week, sometime more.
Not once have they ever been my name. Mostly they are something eather CBD related or Dem related.
I have US Cellular and they have nothing "blocking" wise.
I can block spam calls right on the phone but the texts I don't think work the same. That and they are probably different numbers every time.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Have gotten several texts to Constance, asking her to support the leftists... hopefully, this young lady didn't mind me misspelling her name in my (er, her) first reply Wink

It was surprisingly stress relieving, so I, er she, sent a few more replies Smile

I don't have a solution to stop spam texts, so thought perhaps they could be enjoyable instead.

Yeah, I reply to those on occasion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I reply to all of them, "Fuck off and die in a fire." Then I block their number and turn off notifications. Hell, I got one today that was against Mark Kelly and I still sent the same response. Who the hell thinks they're going to gain one single vote this way?

Posts: 3548 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I only started getting spam texts after giving my number to a local restaurant so they could text us when out table was ready.

They never stopped.

Most places now do this. Now it's 'It'll be about 20 minutes. Can I have your phone number?'

"No."

'No?'

"No."

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most places now do this. Now it's 'It'll be about 20 minutes. Can I have your phone number?'
"You don't need to call me. I'm right here, in front of you."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Text back STOP

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post