SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got a new Traeger Pro 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a new Traeger Pro 34 Login/Join 
Picture of rexles
posted
The fam got me a new grill for my birthday and I got it put together and did the initial fire up today.
Any tips from you Traeger guys before I fire up my grill for it's maiden cook?
Is it really necessary to use genuine Traeger Pellets?
Future things to watch out for?
Thanks for the input!

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure you put it on the clean cycle when you shut it down. Don't just kill the power.

Grab yourself a good thermometer to check food temps.

Grab yourself a flavor injection kit. Way better than marinating.

Go to the Traeger website to get recipes. Very good selection and they're tasty too.

Have fun, you're going to get addicted to smoking!

Posts: 7557 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Clean it out after every use, the pellets will swell and you'll have a big problem if you dont

I believe same as clean cycle mentioned above

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Cover/ wrap everything under the grill (drip pan, heat shield, etc) in a couple layers of aluminum foil.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post