SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iOS 16 Annoyance: Wallpaper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iOS 16 Annoyance: Wallpaper Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
WTF is Apple up to with iOS 16? Roll Eyes

It seems to me that they instituted a whole bunch of tweaks and changes just piss users off.

I like to add a picture of my children as my lock screen wallpaper, and a separate solid color as my wallpaper background on the phone, but iOS 16 doesn’t seem to allow this anymore.

Has anyone else seen this?

Am I missing something? I’ve been an iPhone user for 12+ years now and cannot figure this out.

Posts: 33891 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
WTF is Apple up to with iOS 16? Roll Eyes

It seems to me that they instituted a whole bunch of tweaks and changes just piss users off.

I like to add a picture of my children as my lock screen wallpaper, and a separate solid color as my wallpaper background on the phone, but iOS 16 doesn’t seem to allow this anymore.

Has anyone else seen this?

Am I missing something? I’ve been an iPhone user for 12+ years now and cannot figure this out.

You're missing something. I have a picture of Mrs. Flash as my lock screen wallpaper and a separate picture for my wallpaper elsewhere, but it wasn't obvious to me how to do it and I kind of stumbled into it accidentally.

Here's a tutorial on how to do it with iOS16:

https://www.idownloadblog.com/...n-wallpapers-iphone/

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
1) Press and hold on your Lock Screen until you get a Customize button and a blue circle with a plus. Press the plus to create your new wallpaper.

2) Select photos (top left) and pick your photo you want for your LOCK SCREEN.

3) Get that LOCK SCREEN photos set up like you want it. Then press "Add" in the upper right.

4) After you press "Add" it will bring up two options - Set As Wallpaper Pair, or Customize Home Screen. You want to select Customize Home Screen. That will then allow you to select a different photo for your HOME SCREEN.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post