SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Sheer Lunacy of Maureen Dowd
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sheer Lunacy of Maureen Dowd Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm no fan of Dowd, but this article is critical of and actually ridicules Obama.

Not sure what we're complaining about here...

Exactly.

I've read some of her stuff over the years. I actually liked some of it, others not so much. Her piece on Uma Thurman and her dealings with Weinstein was enlightening, and disgusting.

From the above article, as well as others. I feel she was giddy back in 2008 with BHO and hope and change, etc. However her articles became more and more down on him as she saw the polish come off the turd. She flat out said he wasn't getting things done because of his arrogance, better than us attitude. During the later years of his term, her articles were all negative regarding him.

She was also no big HRC supporter. As stated above, she was running "because it's my turn". She may have felt the same about her back in 2008. Obviously not a DJT supporter too, she is admittedly liberal.

I would imagine she was a Bernie supporter, although I can't say for certain as I never read anything from her specifically stating that.

In any event, she's not a BHO fan at all.

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm no fan of Dowd, but this article is critical of and actually ridicules Obama.

Not sure what we're complaining about here...

Agreed. Lots of lines with her tongue firmly planted in cheek, I surmise.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I seriously wonder what Dowd thinks when she sees what's happening in Venezuela.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10735 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She fails to understand the difference between sparking hope and actually following through. Obama sparked false hope. Trump simply delivers. Big difference.

Posts: 17180 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post