SIGforum
L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6620029764

March 26, 2020, 09:31 AM
rusbro
L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ?
Usually in my town (suburb of Dallas) the police presence is quite obvious, but so far I haven't seen may of them on the main streets. I don't know if they are cursing neighborhoods more, or areas where people might congregate, or what.
March 26, 2020, 11:22 AM
M-11
Status quo in M-11 Jr's town. But then, they never stopped doing the job.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas
March 26, 2020, 12:06 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
What are the smart ones up to?

Looking at precious metals depositories. Cool

In all seriousness, friends who works at a few Bay Area PD, said they're keeping an eye on banks, jewelry stores and certain warehouses that have electronics and other premium goods. With the disruption to everyday activity and business' being closed, it's a ripe time for a major robbery.
March 26, 2020, 01:09 PM
SgtGold
Not an leo here, but all crime is way down in NYC. The average is -17% with rape down almost -60%. Auto theft is way up with a +50% jump. Go figure.

March 26, 2020, 01:24 PM
YooperSigs
Auto theft up in NYC? Maybe so the car thieves can GTFO of C19 central!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
March 26, 2020, 01:30 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Usually in my town (suburb of Dallas) the police presence is quite obvious, but so far I haven't seen may of them on the main streets. I don't know if they are cursing neighborhoods more, or areas where people might congregate, or what.
Did you mean "cruising"? (Although "cursing" might also be appropriate.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
March 26, 2020, 01:38 PM
Ryanp225
Sadly, non have attempted to gain entry into my compound.
March 26, 2020, 01:40 PM
HRK

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mt5qE-CQAQ
March 26, 2020, 01:50 PM
rusbro
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Did you mean "cruising"? (Although "cursing" might also be appropriate.)

flashguy

Haha! I guess they go hand-in-hand: Where they be cruising, they be cursing. Big Grin
March 26, 2020, 02:02 PM
chongosuerte
Our call volume has been down drastically. Most everything is closed. A small fraction of the normal vehicular traffic as well. My division usually has a few dozen wrecks a day (many MASSIVE business campuses-Wells Fargo, IBM, BOA, etc.). Right now we're sitting on like 8 or less.

DVs are up though.

I know they are bouncing several staffing ideas around. Their fear is a swath of us will get infected/quarantined at the same time. I have no idea what their plan is though.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
March 26, 2020, 02:04 PM
gw3971
yep, our call volume is down as well her in SLc. Domestics and overdose calls are going through the roof.
March 26, 2020, 02:25 PM
jsbcody
quote:
I have no idea what their plan is though.

The Plan is "hope it doesn't happen because we will have to work the road." Yep, detectives and command staff would be on patrol.
March 26, 2020, 03:21 PM
CPD SIG
Criminals-
Things slowed down last weekend across the city. Yesterday was rather nice out and 12 people caught an acute case of lead poisoning, no fatalities.

Department-
UGGGG.... Don't get me started. Roll Eyes

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
March 26, 2020, 05:24 PM
flashguy
Traffic in my area is greatly diminished. I've only driven to a couple of places, no more than 2 miles from my house, to get food for me and the cats, and drive-thru meals. Haven't seen a cop car at all.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
March 26, 2020, 07:39 PM
davetruong
Our genius governor is releasing criminals...

God, Family, Country.

March 26, 2020, 07:41 PM
JR78
There has been a huge up tick in domestics. Like 48% worth.

March 27, 2020, 04:53 AM
SIP2000GLO
Give it another 3-4 weeks. Burglaries, robberies and home invasions will skyrocket.
March 28, 2020, 10:35 PM
This area of Wv showing call volume down.

https://www.newstribune.info/n...ased-in-recent-weeks

March 29, 2020, 08:19 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by SIP2000GLO:
Give it another 3-4 weeks. Burglaries, robberies and home invasions will skyrocket.

Already started here. Domestics were way up the last day I worked. As well as ‘rona related scams. People seem to be falling for it at a much higher rate.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

March 29, 2020, 08:24 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
I have no idea what their plan is though.

The Plan is "hope it doesn't happen because we will have to work the road." Yep, detectives and command staff would be on patrol.

Yeah I’ve already been assigned to a squad should that occur.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"